Articles on this Page
- 11/19/14--09:49: _Jamaica Claims Cari...
- 11/19/14--12:09: _Eagles Announce Dix...
- 11/19/14--18:07: _Kickers Announce Ca...
- 11/19/14--11:07: _Tulsa Names Irving ...
- 11/20/14--08:58: _Woszcynski Heads To...
- 11/20/14--12:36: _PDL Adds FC Miami C...
- 11/20/14--09:49: _NCAA Tournament Set...
- 11/20/14--11:29: _Toronto FC to Launc...
- 11/21/14--10:53: _Iwasa Leads UC Irvi...
- 11/21/14--11:58: _W-Leaguers Set For ...
- 11/21/14--14:18: _Vancouver Whitecaps...
- 11/22/14--18:52: _LaBonta Lifts Cardi...
- 11/24/14--06:44: _Jane, Nicholson Ret...
- 11/24/14--10:10: _Walker Helps Xavier...
- 11/24/14--09:08: _Blues' Mewis Sends ...
- 11/24/14--08:55: _Bunbury Leads Revs ...
- 11/25/14--10:28: _Matteo Steps Down a...
- 11/25/14--14:13: _Opatkiewicz, Hendri...
- 11/26/14--11:25: _Hammerheads Welcome...
- 11/26/14--11:41: _Aztex Enter Affilia...
- 11/19/14--09:49: Jamaica Claims Caribbean Cup
- 11/19/14--12:09: Eagles Announce Dixon As Head Coach
- 11/19/14--18:07: Kickers Announce Callahan's Return
- 11/19/14--11:07: Tulsa Names Irving As Head Coach
- 11/20/14--08:58: Woszcynski Heads To Arizona
- 11/20/14--12:36: PDL Adds FC Miami City Champions for 2015
- 11/20/14--09:49: NCAA Tournament Set For Kickoff
- 11/20/14--11:29: Toronto FC to Launch USL PRO Team
- 11/21/14--10:53: Iwasa Leads UC Irvine Past UNLV
- 11/21/14--11:58: W-Leaguers Set For Second Round
- 11/21/14--14:18: Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2 Set for 2015 Debut
- 11/22/14--18:52: LaBonta Lifts Cardinal Past Razorbacks
- 11/24/14--06:44: Jane, Nicholson Return To Hammerheads
- 11/24/14--10:10: Walker Helps Xavier Down No. 5 Hoosiers
- 11/24/14--09:08: Blues' Mewis Sends UCLA to Quarterfinals
- 11/24/14--08:55: Bunbury Leads Revs Past Red Bulls
- 11/25/14--10:28: Matteo Steps Down as Express Head Coach
- 11/25/14--14:13: Opatkiewicz, Hendrickson Readying S2 for 2015
- 11/26/14--11:25: Hammerheads Welcome Two Natives Back
- 11/26/14--11:41: Aztex Enter Affiliate Agreement with Crew
Jamaica claimed its sixth Caribbean Cup as it defeated Trinidad & Tobago 4-3 in a penalty shootout after the teams had played to a 0-0 draw through extra time. Former Sacramento Republic FC loanee Alvas Powell played a key role in defense for Jamaica, while former Richmond Kickers loanee Michael Seaton also featured for the Reggae Boyz as they claimed the championship.
The Charlotte Eagles are excited to announce that the club and Dave Dixon have agreed to terms that sees the former Assistant Coach take the reins for the 2015 PDL season. “We are excited to add a coach of Dave’s quality and character to lead us into the future,” said Eagles General Manager Andrew Pierce. “His 15-plus years of coaching experience will be a valuable asset as we move from the professional game to the PDL.”
The Richmond Kickers are pleased to announce that midfielder Michael Callahan has signed a multi-year contract that will commence with the 2015 season. “Cally is another important signing in our overall objective of returning the top performers from last season's team,” said Leigh Cowlishaw, Richmond Kickers Director of Soccer.
Professional soccer will officially return to the city of Tulsa next year with the inaugural season of the Tulsa Roughnecks in USL PRO. On Tuesday, the Roughnecks organization revealed that the new team will have more in common with the original Roughnecks than just a nickname. The new Roughnecks announced that David Irving, who played briefly for the original Roughnecks in 1980, has been named the new team’s head coach.
Arizona United Soccer Club's busy off-season continued on Wednesday with the signing of former Orlando City SC goalkeeper Carl Woszczynski. Woszczynski is the fifth off-season signing by Arizona United SC, which has signed forwards Long Tan and Brad Stisser, midfielder Jose Cuevas, and defender Scott Morrison to multi-year deals.
The PDL announced its second addition for the 2015 season, with the FC Miami City Champions set to become the highest level of men’s soccer in Miami-Dade County. The FC Miami City Champions are owned and operated by U.S. Champions Soccer Academy, led by Ravy Truchot and Wagneau Eloi.
The opening round of the Men’s NCAA Tournament kicks off on Thursday, with 32 teams set to compete for a contest against one of the 16 seeds in the second round. PDL players will feature prominently in a number of fascinating matchups, a number of which can be seen online.
Toronto FC announced today that it will become the sixth MLS club to operate a franchise in USL PRO, joining the league beginning in the 2015 season. Toronto becomes the 11th new team announced for the 2015 USL PRO season - the second based in Canada - and joins the LA Galaxy, the Montreal Impact, the Portland Timbers, Real Salt Lake and Seattle Sounders FC as MLS clubs operating teams in USL PRO.
The OC Pateadores Blues’ Cameron Iwasa scored twice as UC Irvine claimed a 3-0 victory against UNLV in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Thursday night at Anteater Stadium. The Anteaters’ win was their second against the Rebels this season, and sets up a contest against No. 6-seed Stanford on Sunday in the second round.
The second round of the NCAA Division I Women’s Tournament is set for Friday, with the top eight seeds hosting a pair of contests before Sunday’s third round. A number of games are set to be aired online, with W-League players set to feature prominently as their sides look to take the next step toward the College Cup.
USL PRO announced its 12th new addition for the 2015 season today, with Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2 (WFC2) becoming the seventh MLS-owned franchise in the rapidly expanding league. WFC2 will operate under the management of Whitecaps FC and will play all home matches on David Sidoo Field at Thunderbird Stadium on the campus of the University of British Columbia.
Former LA Strikers forward Lo’eau LaBonta scored the only goal as Stanford claimed victory against Arkansas in the second round of the NCAA Women’s Division I Tournament on Friday night at Cagan Stadium. The Cardinal advanced to face Pac-12 rival Washington in Sunday’s third round.
Wilmington Hammerheads FC announced today the return of midfielder Paul Nicholson and forward Sunny Jane for the 2015 USL PRO regular season. Both return to the Hammerheads to fulfill their second year of their two-year contracts. “My time in Wilmington has been nothing short of fantastic,” said Nicholson. “We finished last season on a very positive note and with plans to bring back a great core group of players, I am really looking forward to see how we can keep progressing next year."
Former Michigan Bucks midfielder Will Walker converted from the penalty spot as Xavier upset No. 5 seed Indiana 2-1 in the second round of the NCAA Men’s Division I Tournament at Armstrong Stadium on Sunday afternoon. The victory sent the Muskateers through to a matchup with No. 12 seed Creighton Sunday.
The LA Blues’ Sam Mewis scored with two minutes remaining to lift UCLA to a 1-0 victory against Pepperdine in the third round of the NCAA Division I Women’s Tournament on Sunday evening, keeping the Bruins’ hopes of back-to-back national championships alive at Drake Stadium. With the win, the Bruins set up a quarterfinal matchup with Virginia on Friday night.
The New England Revolution took a big step toward their first MLS Cup appearance since 2007 as former Rochester Thunder forward Teal Bunbury had a goal and an assist to help his side take a 2-1 victory against the New York Red Bulls in the first leg of the Eastern Conference Finals in the MLS Playoffs on Sunday afternoon at Red Bull Arena.
Jeff Matteo has stepped down as the Jersey Express' head coach after two seasons with the Express and an 18-2-8 record. Matteo made the decision to step down earlier this month, citing family reasons for his departure. He and his wife, Ashley, are expecting their first child in the coming weeks.
For Seattle Sounders FC 2 coach Ezra Hendrickson, one of the major disappointments in recent years has been seeing players brought in by the Sounders, particularly through the MLS SuperDraft, get caught in the numbers game of Major League Soccer’s roster rules. With the addition of S2 to the club’s structure, Hendrickson is looking forward to providing a new pathway to the club’s first team for young players as they take their first steps into the professional ranks.
Wilmington Hammerheads FC announced today that Wilmington natives, forward Cody Arnoux and midfielder Ross Tomaselli, will return to the roster for the upcoming 2015 USL PRO regular season.
The Austin Aztex announced Tuesday evening that the organization has entered an affiliation agreement with Major League Soccer’s Columbus Crew SC. The announcement was made in front a capacity crowd at the Aztex Launch Party held at PGi Austin.