- RSS Channel Showcase 8048166
- RSS Channel Showcase 4107606
- RSS Channel Showcase 5835150
- RSS Channel Showcase 9872308
Articles on this Page
- 11/28/14--10:57: _Women's Tournament ...
- 11/30/14--13:50: _Cardinals, Retrieve...
- 11/30/14--11:55: _Cavaliers End Bruin...
- 12/01/14--14:33: _Tar Heels Upset Tig...
- 12/01/14--10:57: _Davies, Revolution ...
- 12/02/14--09:15: _Republic FC Announc...
- 12/02/14--11:30: _Rawlins, Zaratin Vo...
- 12/03/14--12:40: _Women's Hermann Sem...
- 12/03/14--12:46: _Hermann Trophy Semi...
- 12/03/14--14:19: _Blues Appoint Wyss ...
- 12/03/14--14:07: _PDL Expands to Calg...
- 12/04/14--13:01: _Men's NCAA Quarterf...
- 12/04/14--10:20: _Women's College Cup...
- 12/04/14--16:01: _Weitz Excited For S...
- 12/04/14--20:21: _Valentino Signs Wit...
- 12/04/14--11:21: _Kirovski Happy With...
- 12/05/14--09:57: _Independence Name J...
- 12/05/14--18:14: _Louisville Unveils ...
- 12/06/14--07:15: _Williams Leads Semi...
- 12/07/14--07:14: _Friars Upset Sparta...
- 11/28/14--10:57: Women's Tournament Reaches Quarters
- 11/30/14--13:50: Cardinals, Retrievers Set To Clash
- 11/30/14--11:55: Cavaliers End Bruins' Repeat Hopes
- 12/01/14--14:33: Tar Heels Upset Tigers In Tournament
- 12/01/14--10:57: Davies, Revolution Reach MLS Cup
- 12/02/14--09:15: Republic FC Announces Trophy Tour
- 12/02/14--11:30: Rawlins, Zaratin Voted Into USL HOF
- 12/03/14--12:40: Women's Hermann Semifinalists Named
- 12/03/14--12:46: Hermann Trophy Semifinalists Announced
- 12/03/14--14:19: Blues Appoint Wyss As Head Coach
- 12/03/14--14:07: PDL Expands to Calgary, Alberta
- 12/04/14--13:01: Men's NCAA Quarterfinals Preview
- 12/04/14--10:20: Women's College Cup Set For Semifinals
- 12/04/14--16:01: Weitz Excited For Sonic's Move To PDL
- 12/04/14--20:21: Valentino Signs With Arizona
- 12/04/14--11:21: Kirovski Happy With Galaxy II's Season
- 12/05/14--09:57: Independence Name Jeffries As Coach
- 12/05/14--18:14: Louisville Unveils First Three Signings
- 12/06/14--07:15: Williams Leads Seminoles Into Final
- 12/07/14--07:14: Friars Upset Spartans In Elite Eight
The NCAA Division I Women’s Tournament reaches the quarterfinals this weekend as the remaining eight teams look for a victory and a place at the College Cup. W-League standouts are set to feature in all four contests, with three of the games set to be streamed live online.
The road to the College Cup reaches the Round of 16 in the NCAA Division I Men’s Tournament on Sunday, with three games set to be streamed online through ESPN3.com. A pair of unseeded sides will try to continue their runs as they battle for a place in the Elite Eight, with PDL players set to feature in all three contests.
Virginia put an end to UCLA’s hopes of a second consecutive national championship as goals by the Washington Spirit Reserves’ Emily Sonnett and Morgan Brian earned victory on Friday night at Drake Stadium.
The University of North Carolina continued its run through the NCAA Men’s Division I Tournament as the Carolina Dynamo’s Robbie Lovejoy scored both goals in a 2-1 upset of No. 7-seed Clemson on Sunday night at Riggs Field. The victory allowed the Tar Heels to advance to the Elite Eight for the sixth time in the past seven seasons, and sets up a meeting with No. 2-seed UCLA.
Former Westchester Flames standout Charlie Davies scored a pair of goals to lead the New England Revolution into their first MLS Cup appearance since 2007 as they earned a 2-2 draw with the New York Red Bulls on Saturday, claiming the MLS Playoffs Eastern Conference Championship 4-3 on aggregate at Gillette Stadium.
Sacramento Republic FC announced that they will begin the Republic FC Trophy Tour presented by UC Davis Children’s Hospital. The USL PRO Championship Trophy will launch its tour on December 3, 2014, Republic FC’s 2nd Anniversary. The tour will include a chance for the fans to request the trophy to appear at a practice, office or school and will include opportunities for photos with the trophy.
Longtime American soccer advocates Phil Rawlins and Peter Zaratin have earned election into the USL Hall of Fame and will be enshrined alongside nearly 100 of the most influential names in the domestic game upon their induction in December. Rawlins, Founder and President of Orlando City SC, will join the USL Men’s Hall of Fame in the Builder category, while Long Island Rough Riders CEO Zaratin will be inducted into the USL Women’s Hall of Fame, also as a Builder.
The semifinalists for the 2014 Women’s MAC Hermann Trophy were announced on Tuesday, and nine of the 16 players selected are current or former members of the W-League. Awarded annually to the top men’s and women’s college soccer players in the U.S., the MAC Hermann Trophy is the most prestigious individual award in college soccer.
The semifinalists for the 2014 MAC Hermann Trophy were announced on Tuesday, with nine of those selected current or former PDL players. Each of the past six winners of the award have been PDL Alumni, including back-to-back honoree Patrick Mullins, now of the New England Revolution.
Orange County Blues FC has officially hired Oliver Wyss as the club’s head coach, effective immediately. Wyss replaces Daryuosh Yazdani, who will not return to the club in the 2015 season. Wyss is the Director of the West Coast Futbol Club Boy’s Program, and is the head coach of boys’ soccer at JSerra Catholic High School in San Juan Capistrano.
The PDL continued its recent growth with the announcement that Calgary Foothills Football Club will join the league for the 2015 season. Set to become the highest level of men’s soccer in greater Calgary area, Calgary Foothills FC is an extension of the highly successful Calgary Foothills Soccer Club Academy, as the ambitious club looks to further elevate the landscape of soccer within Canada.
The quarterfinals of the Men’s NCAA Tournament are set to take place this weekend, and PDL players are expected to continue to have a major influence as teams strive to reach the College Cup next weekend. PDL players combined to score 11 goals in the previous round, and several goalkeepers with PDL experience will be counted on to continue their good form.
The NCAA Division I Women’s Tournament concludes this weekend at FAU Stadium in Boca Raton as the remaining four teams face off at the College Cup. Florida State, Virginia, Texas A&M and Stanford remain in contention for the title, with current and former W-League players set to feature as a new champion is crowned this season.
Since the club’s inception, the Lehigh Valley United Sonic have proved a model of consistency on the field. It was, however, a contest at the USASA’s 2013 National Amateur Championship that made the club believe it was ready to make the step up to the PDL.
Rob Valentino, Orlando City SC’s captain for the past three years, is coming home signing a multi-year deal with Arizona United Soccer Club, the team announced today. Valentino becomes the sixth player under contract with Arizona United SC for the 2015 season.
It’s been almost a year since the LA Galaxy announced they would become the first MLS club to enter a team in USL PRO. According to the club’s Technical Director, Jovan Kirovski, the move has already paid dividends. “I think overall we’re happy with how it went,” Kirovski said by phone this week. “Everything we tried to accomplish, we’ve seen the benefits of having a team in USL PRO, we saw it in our first year.”
The Charlotte Independence are excited to introduce Mike Jeffries as the first head coach in the USL PRO expansion team’s history. Jeffries spent the past two seasons with the Des Moines Menace of the PDL, where he had a combined regular-season record of 18-7-3. He was named the 2014 PDL Coach of the Year after guiding the Menace to the league’s regular-season championship.
Louisville City FC has announced today the signing of the first three players in Louisville City FC history. Juan Guzman, Kadeem Dacres and Guy Abend have become the first three to agree to terms and will join the club for preseason in February.
The LA Blues’ Cheyna Williams scored both goals as Florida State advanced to the NCAA Division I Women’s College Cup Final with a 2-0 win against Stanford on Friday night at FAU Stadium. The Seminoles will face ACC rival Virginia in Sunday’s final as both teams look for their first national championship.
A goal and assist by the Real Boston Rams’ Fabio Machado lifted No. 11-seed Providence to its first appearance at the Men’s College Cup as the Friars took a 3-2 victory against No. 3-seed Michigan State at DeMartin Stadium in the quarterfinals of the NCAA Men’s Division I Tournament on Saturday afternoon.