- RSS Channel Showcase 5577516
- RSS Channel Showcase 1187221
- RSS Channel Showcase 2157265
- RSS Channel Showcase 8091742
Articles on this Page
- 11/11/14--14:41: _USL PRO Players Set...
- 11/11/14--12:11: _USL Teams, Execs No...
- 11/12/14--12:08: _Energy FC Re-Signs ...
- 11/12/14--10:38: _RSL Makes Statement...
- 11/13/14--10:03: _Kickers Re-Sign Yei...
- 11/13/14--14:21: _NCAA Tournament Bri...
- 11/13/14--12:09: _Schoenfeld Makes Cr...
- 11/13/14--14:41: _Hendrickson To Head...
- 11/14/14--11:23: _Bono Leads Conferen...
- 11/14/14--10:59: _Cowlishaw Set For 1...
- 11/14/14--12:19: _OKC's Nielsen Signs...
- 11/15/14--16:24: _Gamecocks Down Tige...
- 11/15/14--14:54: _Dellorusso Driven F...
- 11/17/14--13:18: _Badgers Take Victor...
- 11/18/14--12:51: _Battery Unveil CCC1...
- 11/17/14--11:43: _Clemson Claims ACC ...
- 11/18/14--11:27: _Aztex Announce Firs...
- 11/17/14--19:31: _Montreal Impact to ...
- 11/18/14--17:21: _Caribbean Cup Set F...
- 11/17/14--17:11: _Lehigh Valley Unite...
- 11/11/14--14:41: USL PRO Players Set For Caribbean Cup
- 11/11/14--12:11: USL Teams, Execs Nominated for 2014 Honors
- 11/12/14--12:08: Energy FC Re-Signs Thomas
- 11/12/14--10:38: RSL Makes Statement With Monarchs
- 11/13/14--10:03: Kickers Re-Sign Yeisley
- 11/13/14--14:21: NCAA Tournament Brings S.C. Showdown
- 11/13/14--12:09: Schoenfeld Makes Crew Breakthrough
- 11/13/14--14:41: Hendrickson To Head Sounders 2
- 11/14/14--11:23: Bono Leads Conference Award Winners
- 11/14/14--10:59: Cowlishaw Set For 16th Season
- 11/14/14--12:19: OKC's Nielsen Signs Contract Extension
- 11/15/14--16:24: Gamecocks Down Tigers In Shootout
- 11/15/14--14:54: Dellorusso Driven For More
- 11/17/14--13:18: Badgers Take Victory vs. Blue Demons
- 11/18/14--12:51: Battery Unveil CCC15 Schedule
- 11/17/14--11:43: Clemson Claims ACC Championship
- 11/18/14--11:27: Aztex Announce First Four Players
- 11/17/14--19:31: Montreal Impact to Field USL PRO Team
- 11/18/14--17:21: Caribbean Cup Set For Conclusion
- 11/17/14--17:11: Lehigh Valley United Makes Jump to PDL
The 2014 CFU Caribbean Cup kicks off on Tuesday night, with several current and former USL PRO players hoping to lead their sides to a championship and a place in the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup. Eight teams are set to convene in Jamaica, with the top two teams from each group guaranteed a berth at next year’s regional championship.
United Soccer Leagues will honor the teams and executives that set a standard for excellence during the 2014 USL PRO, PDL and W-League seasons at the 2014 USL Hall of Fame Banquet Friday, December 12, at the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach. The event, part of the 2014 USL Annual General Meeting, will also feature the inductions of new members of the USL Hall of Fame.
OKC Energy FC has re-signed midfielder Michael Thomas to a multi-year contract, General Manager Jason Hawkins announced Wednesday. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. “Michael brought great leadership qualities to the team as our captain last year,” said Energy FC Head Coach Jimmy Nielsen. “He has a good box-to-box engine, and we’re glad we could sign him to a new contract.”
Of any mantra in Major League Soccer, that spoken within the offices and training ground at Real Salt Lake is almost certainly the best known. “We have organizational philosophies that we believe in, that the team is the star,” said GM Garth Lagerwey by phone recently, “that the group is more important than any individual and that to achieve collective success, we will then eventually get individual recognition.”
The Richmond Kickers are pleased to announce that forward Jason Yeisley has signed a multi-year contract that will commence with the 2015 season. “It's great have Jason back,” said Leigh Cowlishaw, Richmond Kickers Director of Soccer. “He's been an important part of the club's success over the last few years and is reaching the prime of his career. We are committed to re-signing our core group of starters and look forward to several more additions in the coming weeks.”
The Division I Women’s NCAA Tournament kicks off on Friday as the 64-team field begins its pursuit of the national championship. W-League standouts are set to feature across the country, including in the first-round contests set to be aired online during the weekend.
If there was one game that sent a message to the Columbus Crew’s coaching staff that Aaron Schoenfeld was ready to return and make a difference for the club as it entered the second half of its season, the striker’s hat trick in a 3-1 victory against the Charlotte Eagles on July 5 was the one.
Seattle Sounders FC today announced that Ezra Hendrickson has been named the first Head Coach of Sounders FC 2, the club’s USL PRO team. Hendrickson has spent the last six seasons as a Sounders FC Assistant Coach and Reserve League Head Coach following a 14-year professional playing career.
Current and former PDL players were front and center as conference honors were announced across Division I Men’s Soccer this week. A number of PDL award-winners continued their standout form from the summer as they claimed awards from some of the top conferences in the nation.
The Richmond Kickers are pleased to announce that Leigh Cowlishaw will return for his 16th season as head coach in 2015. Returning as assistant coaches are David Bulow and Sascha Görres, joined by Goalkeeper Coach Adrian Clewlow and Richmond United Academy Head Coach Michael Milazzo.
OKC Energy FC has announced a three-year contract extension for head coach Jimmy Nielsen, General Manager Jason Hawkins announced Friday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. “This organization, the owners and I all share the same vision for the future with soccer in this city,” Nielsen said. “We all agree on how this can be done, and together we'll bring soccer up to the level it deserves. We have a long road ahead of us, but we'll have come a long way already next year with the new, amazing stadium. Tim and Bob are very dedicated owners, and it shows.”
Former Toronto Lady Lynx goalkeeper Sabrina D’Angelo made a pair of saves as South Carolina defeated Clemson 4-3 in a penalty shootout after the two teams had finished scoreless in the first round of the NCAA Division I Women’s Tournament on Friday night at Stone Stadium.
Given the circumstances under which he had to assemble a squad for Arizona United SC’s first season in USL PRO, head coach Michael Dellorusso is certainly enjoying a more methodical approach this offseason. “It’s a little bit more calm now,” Dellorusso said by phone this week. “We had a little bit more than two weeks to put together a whole organization, so from that standpoint it’s nice to stand back, take a deep breath and put guys in place that are important to us and bought into our culture.
Two-time W-League Goalkeeper of the Year Genevieve Richard recorded a school-record 16th shutout of the season as Wisconsin defeated DePaul 2-0 in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at the McClimon Complex. The Laval Comets standout had five saves, while the Ottawa Fury FC’s Kinley McNicoll and Toronto Lady Lynx’s Kodee Williams each recorded assists to send the Badgers into the second round.
Daniel Island’s Blackbaud Stadium, one of the most storied small stadiums in North American soccer, will host the first-ever meeting of Major League Soccer 2015 expansion clubs NYCFC and Orlando City S.C., on Saturday, Feb. 21, Charleston Battery President Andrew Bell announced Tuesday.
Former SC United Bantams midfielder Ara Amirkhanian scored the overtime winner as Clemson took the ACC Championship with a 2-1 victory against Louisville on Sunday afternoon at WakeMed Soccer Park. The Tigers had sent the game to overtime as Orlando City U23’s Paul Clowes scored with three second to go in a dramatic finish.
The Austin Aztex are proud to announce that Austin-area soccer players Andres Cuero and Travis Golden have signed with the squad for the 2015 USL PRO season. Joining Cuero and Golden on the 2015 roster are Drew Yates and Lance Rozeboom, who both share success on the USL PRO level.
USL PRO continued its unprecedented off-season growth with the announcement that FC Montreal, owned and operated by the Montreal Impact of Major League Soccer, will be the 10th new team to join for the 2015 season. The Impact are led by Owner & President Joey Saputo.
The 2014 Caribbean Cup concludes on Tuesday night as long-time rivals Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago meet for the championship in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Both teams went undefeated in the group stage to advance to the final, and in the process also booked their places in the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
The PDL welcomed its first new addition for the 2015 season today with one of the most successful men’s amateur teams in the U.S., the Lehigh Valley United Sonic, announcing their move to the top U23 men’s league in North America. The Sonic bring an impressive resume with them as they make the step up to the PDL, including three consecutive Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup appearances, a trip to the national amateur finals in 2012, and a pair of NPSL titles (2008 & 2012).