- RSS Channel Showcase 1639670
- RSS Channel Showcase 9099636
- RSS Channel Showcase 4590130
- RSS Channel Showcase 9208272
Articles on this Page
- 08/30/14--22:02: _Rhinos Surge Past C...
- 08/31/14--01:12: _Blues, Kickers Fini...
- 08/30/14--22:51: _Battery Book Place ...
- 08/31/14--22:56: _Orlando City Cruise...
- 09/01/14--12:33: _Stolz Leads Bruins ...
- 09/01/14--10:53: _Doniak Leads Cavali...
- 09/01/14--10:54: _Galaxy II Set To Fa...
- 09/01/14--16:06: _Eagles Finish Level...
- 09/02/14--01:39: _Galaxy II, Kickers ...
- 09/02/14--15:44: _Griffith Named In A...
- 09/02/14--13:57: _Pumas Name MacDonal...
- 09/02/14--14:15: _Lions Called Up For...
- 09/02/14--13:22: _Kelly Named Player ...
- 09/02/14--16:20: _Roughnecks Unveil L...
- 09/03/14--11:51: _Brody Leads Weekly ...
- 09/03/14--11:06: _Blues� Williams Lea...
- 09/03/14--09:12: _Hammerheads, Lions ...
- 09/03/14--22:44: _Lions Claim Regular...
- 09/04/14--15:40: _Seminoles, Gators R...
- 09/04/14--13:08: _Republic FC Set For...
- 08/30/14--22:02: Rhinos Surge Past City Islanders
- 08/31/14--01:12: Blues, Kickers Finish Level
- 08/30/14--22:51: Battery Book Place In Playoffs
- 08/31/14--22:56: Orlando City Cruises Past Dayton
- 09/01/14--12:33: Stolz Leads Bruins Past Tar Heels
- 09/01/14--10:53: Doniak Leads Cavaliers To Victory
- 09/01/14--10:54: Galaxy II Set To Face Kickers
- 09/01/14--16:06: Eagles Finish Level With Impact Reserves
- 09/02/14--01:39: Galaxy II, Kickers End With Honors Even
- 09/02/14--15:44: Griffith Named In Antigua Squad
- 09/02/14--13:57: Pumas Name MacDonald As New Coach
- 09/02/14--14:15: Lions Called Up For International Duty
- 09/02/14--13:22: Kelly Named Player of the Week
- 09/02/14--16:20: Roughnecks Unveil Logo, Uniforms
- 09/03/14--11:51: Brody Leads Weekly College Honorees
- 09/03/14--11:06: Blues� Williams Leads College Standouts
- 09/03/14--09:12: Hammerheads, Lions Face Rematch
- 09/03/14--22:44: Lions Claim Regular Season Championship
- 09/04/14--15:40: Seminoles, Gators Renew In-State Rivalry
- 09/04/14--13:08: Republic FC Set For Energy FC
The Rochester Rhinos snapped a four-game winless streak as they took a 4-1 victory against the Harrisburg City Islanders on Saturday night in the regular season finale at Skyline Sports Complex in front of 2,257 fans. Three second-half goals allowed the Rhinos to take their first regular-season victory in Harrisburg in the USL PRO era, and solidified their position in the playoff positions in the league standings.
Orange County Blues FC held the Richmond Kickers to a 1-1 draw on Saturday night at Anteater Stadium as it played one of its best games of the season. While results earlier in the evening had eliminated the Blues from playoff contention, a good finish by Andrew Hoxie earned Orange County a point against the third-placed Kickers.
The Charleston Battery powered their way into the USL PRO Playoffs behind a hat trick from forward Dane Kelly and superb performances from goalkeeper Odisnel Cooper and midfielder Zach Prince as they defeated the Pittsburgh Riverhounds 4-0 on Saturday night in front of a crowd 4,181 at Blackbaud Stadium.
Orlando City SC (18-4-4) celebrated its 100th USL PRO match with a convincing 7-0 victory against the Dayton Dutch Lions (6-17-4) at ESPN Wide World of Sports on Saturday night. The victory moved the Lions a step closer in their pursuit of the USL PRO regular season championship. Midfielder Kevin Molino continued his excellent attacking form during the win, scoring his second hat trick of the season while providing two assists. The midfielder’s 2014 goal tally now stands at 19.
Former OC Blues Pateadores player Leo Stolz had the only goal as No. 4 UCLA took a 1-0 victory against No. 22 North Carolina on Sunday night at Fetzer Field in Chapel Hill, N.C. The Bruins’ victory was their second in North Carolina during the weekend following a win against Wake Forest on Friday night.
Former LA Blues forward Makenzy Doniak had two goals and an assist as No. 3 Virginia remained perfect in the early season with a 5-0 win against Villanova on Sunday afternoon at Klöckner Stadium in Charlottesville, Va.
LA Galaxy II (14-7-5, 47 points) will the Richmond Kickers (13-2-11, 50 points) Monday at StubHub Center’s Track & Field Stadium in Week 25 of USL PRO action, with kickoff set for 7:30 p.m. PT live on www.lagalaxy.com.
The Charlotte Eagles earned one out of a possible three crucial points on Monday afternoon as they played to a 1-1 draw with the Montreal Impact Reserves at Stade Saputo. Maxim Tissot and Jorge Herrera scored within five minutes of each other in the first 10 minutes of the game to leave the Eagles' slim playoff hopes hanging by a thread.
LA Galaxy II (14-7-6, 48 points) earned a 1-1 draw against the Richmond Kickers on Monday night at StubHub Center as Chandler Hoffman’s penalty in the first half was enough for a point on the night. With the draw, LA Galaxy II remains in fourth place in USL PRO standings, just three points behind the Kickers.
Charleston Battery fullback and midfielder Quinton Griffith has returned to his native Antigua and Barbuda for service on the country’s national team as it hosts a group stage in the 2014 Caribbean Cup this week.
The Kitsap Pumas have named Cameron MacDonald as the club's new head coach, the club announced on Tuesday. "We interviewed a number of candidates, and 'Cammy' was clearly the top choice," said Pumas owner Robin Waite. "His background of winning titles at Livingston FC and Aidrieonians in Scotland makes him the ideal man to take the club forward with both the first team as well as overseeing the growing youth program."
Orlando City SC Midfielder Darwin Cerén and Defender Bitielo Jean-Jacques will join their respective national teams for upcoming fixtures. Cerén is set to play four games with El Salvador in the Central American Cup 2014 USA, beginning on Wednesday, September 3 against Guatemala at RFK Stadium. Jean-Jacques will aim to earn his first cap at the senior level when Haiti takes on Chile at Lockhart Stadium on September 9.
USL PRO named its Team of the Week for Week 24 of the 2014 season on Tuesday as Charleston Battery forward Dane Kelly was named Player of the Week. Kelly had a hat trick to lead the Battery to victory against the Pittsburgh Riverhounds on Saturday night as Charleston clinched a place in the USL PRO Playoffs.
The Tulsa Roughnecks today unveiled the new team’s official colors, logos and uniforms. The Roughnecks will take the field in the spring of 2015 in USL PRO with the primary colors of orange and navy blue in their home and road kits. The new logo features an iconic oil derrick set on top of a bold placement of Tulsa Roughnecks FC, the team’s official name.
The University of Louisville wanted to make a big first impression as it took the field at Lynn Stadium on Friday night, and did just that in its first game as a member of the ACC with a 1-0 victory against No. 2 Maryland. Orlando City U23 midfielder Andrew Brody scored the winning goal for the No. 9 Cardinals and was named the ACC Player of the Week as a result, to lead the current and former PDL players honored for their performances in the first week of the NCAA Division I season.
Pepperdine’s Lynn Williams, the 2012 W-League Rookie of the Year with the Pali Blues, leads this week’s list of players honored by their NCAA Division I conferences after she was named West Coast Conference Player of the Week.
Wilmington Hammerheads FC is scheduled to host Orlando City SC in its final home match of the regular season on Wednesday night at 7:30 p.m. ET at Legion Stadium. Looking to clinch one of the final three playoff positions, the Hammerheads are currently even with the Harrisburg City Islanders for the seventh seed position with three games remaining, and would earn a berth in the postseason with victory against the Lions.
Orlando City SC was crowned USL PRO Regular Season Champion for the third time in four seasons as the Lions earned the point they needed to clinch top spot in the league standings with a 0-0 draw against Wilmington Hammerheads FC on Wednesday night at Legion Stadium. The Hammerheads, who had defeated the Lions in their previous meeting in Wilmington, also moved another point closer to a place in the postseason with two games remaining.
One of the historic non-conference rivalries in college athletics takes center stage in NCAA Division I Women’s Soccer this weekend as No. 2 Florida State hosts No. 8 Florida in one of this weekend’s big games set to be televised or streamed nationally featuring current and former W-League standouts.
Sacramento Republic FC begins the final weekend of the USL PRO regular season when it takes on OKC Energy FC on Thursday night. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. PT at Bonney Field. The match will be 80s Night presented by SMUD.