- RSS Channel Showcase 6600598
- RSS Channel Showcase 7740368
- RSS Channel Showcase 6287487
- RSS Channel Showcase 4207773
Articles on this Page
- 09/04/14--13:09: _USL PRO -- Goals of...
- 09/05/14--01:41: _Republic FC Clinche...
- 09/04/14--17:41: _Maryland, UCLA Face...
- 09/05/14--14:04: _Dutch Lions Finish ...
- 09/05/14--10:44: _AC Connecticut Unve...
- 09/05/14--14:02: _Battery End Season ...
- 09/05/14--22:39: _Charleston Holds Of...
- 09/06/14--07:31: _Hammerheads Punch T...
- 09/06/14--22:27: _United Eliminates R...
- 09/06/14--10:14: _Hokies Sweep To Big...
- 09/06/14--11:09: _American Stuns UCLA...
- 09/06/14--23:10: _Molino Lifts Lions ...
- 09/07/14--02:39: _McBean Leads Galaxy...
- 09/06/14--21:44: _City Islanders Clin...
- 09/07/14--19:28: _Rhinos Jump Past Ha...
- 09/07/14--19:41: _2014 USL PRO Playof...
- 09/08/14--13:05: _McBean Named Player...
- 09/08/14--16:07: _Top Claims Goal of ...
- 09/09/14--13:01: _USL PRO Statistical...
- 09/10/14--10:54: _Craven Leads Weekly...
- 09/04/14--13:09: USL PRO -- Goals of the Month, August
- 09/05/14--01:41: Republic FC Clinches Second Place
- 09/04/14--17:41: Maryland, UCLA Face Tests This Weekend
- 09/05/14--14:04: Dutch Lions Finish With Hammerheads
- 09/05/14--10:44: AC Connecticut Unveils New Name, Logo
- 09/05/14--14:02: Battery End Season Against City Islanders
- 09/05/14--22:39: Charleston Holds Off City Islanders
- 09/06/14--07:31: Hammerheads Punch Ticket to Playoffs
- 09/06/14--22:27: United Eliminates Riverhounds
- 09/06/14--10:14: Hokies Sweep To Big Win vs. Hoyas
- 09/06/14--11:09: American Stuns UCLA In Overtime
- 09/06/14--23:10: Molino Lifts Lions Past Kickers
- 09/07/14--02:39: McBean Leads Galaxy II To Victory
- 09/06/14--21:44: City Islanders Clinch Playoff Berth
- 09/07/14--19:28: Rhinos Jump Past Hammerheads
- 09/07/14--19:41: 2014 USL PRO Playoffs Field Set
- 09/08/14--13:05: McBean Named Player of the Week
- 09/08/14--16:07: Top Claims Goal of the Month Award
- 09/09/14--13:01: USL PRO Statistical Awards Announced
- 09/10/14--10:54: Craven Leads Weekly Award-Winners
The best 10 goals from the month of August have been selected, watch the video and vote on your favorite. Polls close Monday, September 8 at 1 p.m. ET.
Sacramento Republic FC defeated OKC Energy FC 1-0 as a Rodrigo Lopez penalty kick proved the difference in front of a sellout crowd on Thursday night at Bonney Field. The win clinched second place in USL PRO standings for Republic FC, and guaranteed a home playoff semifinal should Republic FC win in the quarterfinals, while Energy FC was eliminated from contention for the USL PRO Playoffs with the defeat.
The second weekend of the NCAA Men’s Division I Soccer season features a Top 10 west-coast clash and a big in-state non-conference game that are both set to feature top PDL players. New NSCAA No. 1 UCLA visits No. 6 New Mexico on Sunday night, while No. 10 Maryland hosts No. 14 UMBC in Friday night’s big game.
Dayton Dutch Lions FC will host Wilmington Hammerheads FC in its final game of the 2014 USL PRO season on Friday night at DOC Stadium. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. ET as the Dutch Lions try to end their season on a high note with victory against a Wilmington side that remains in contention for a place in the USL PRO Playoffs.
After three seasons, the CFC Azul PDL team will split from Connecticut Football Club and change the name of the franchise and club structure. Effective immediately, the PDL club and its newly formed youth program will operate as A.C. Connecticut.
The Charleston Battery host playoff hopefuls Harrisburg City Islanders at Blackbaud Stadium on Friday at 7:30 p.m. ET with their playoff ticket in hand, but their destiny up for grabs. As the USL PRO season enters its final weekend of the regular season, five teams have secured playoff spots. Playoff seeding, however, remains in flux.
The Charleston Battery concluded their 2014 USL PRO regular season with a 2-1 win against the Harrisburg City Islanders in front of a crowd of 3,919 on John Wilson Night at Blackbaud Stadium. With captain Colin Falvey out for the rest of the season on loan, the captain’s armband was passed on to defender Wilson, who is retiring at the end of the season.
Wilmington Hammerheads FC became the sixth team to clinch a spot in the 2014 USL PRO Playoffs Friday night, defeating Dayton Dutch Lions FC 4-0 thanks to two goals and an assist from forward Sunny Jane. The Hammerheads (9-7-11) moved into sixth place in the USL PRO table and will close their regular season Sunday when they travel to face the Rochester Rhinos.
The Pittsburgh Riverhounds came up short in their quest to earn a USL PRO playoff spot as they fell 2-1 to Arizona United SC before a lively crowd in their season finale at Highmark Stadium on Saturday night. A pair of goals by Long Tan capped an Arizona comeback, and a disappointing home finale for the Riverhounds.
No. 5 Virginia Tech swept to a decisive victory against No. 13 Georgetown on Friday night as former Northern Virginia Majestics defender Danielle King and Carolina Elite Cobras forward Kallie Peurifoy found the back of the net in a 6-1 win at Thompson Field in Blacksburg, Va.
Potomac SC’s Stephen Hauschild, Jake Garcia and Jordan Manley helped American University spring a big upset as the Eagles defeated No. 1 UCLA 2-1 in overtime at the Lobo Invitational in Albuquerque, N.M. on Friday night. Hauschild scored the opening goal while Manley provided the assist on Dale Ludwig’s overtime game-winner in a big upset of the Bruins.
In its final USL PRO Regular Season match, Orlando City SC defeated the Richmond Kickers 1-0 at ESPN Wide World of Sports (WWoS) on Saturday night. The Lions set a USL PRO regular season record for wins with 19 this season.
Jack McBean scored both goals as the LA Galaxy II claimed a 2-1 victory against Sacramento Republic FC in front of a sellout crowd at Bonney Field on Saturday night. The Galaxy II's win was Sacramento's first loss at Bonney Field, and earned Los Dos the third seed in the USL PRO Playoffs ahead of next weekend's quarterfinals.
The Harrisburg City Islanders clinched a place in the USL PRO Playoffs for the fourth consecutive season as they took a 4-2 victory against the Charlotte Eagles on Saturday night at the Queens Sports Complex. Harrisburg fell behind early, but rallied back to move into seventh place in the league standings at the end of Saturday night's action.
The Rochester Rhinos defeated the Wilmington Hammerheads 2-0 in USL PRO's regular season finale at Sahlen's Stadium on Sunday evening. Rhinos center back Kyle Hoffer scored the game-winning goal in the 47th minute, before Rochester's captain Tyler Rosenlund added a second in the 69th minute. Rhinos rookie goalkeeper John McCarthy made one save on three shots faced for his league leading 10th clean sheet of the season.
The field for the 2014 USL PRO Playoffs was set on Sunday evening, with the top eight teams in the league standings set to face off for the league championship during the next three weeks. The playoffs kick off on Saturday, September 13 with all four quarterfinals as top-seeded Orlando City SC begins its quest for a third championship before joining Major League Soccer.
USL PRO named its Team of the Week for the final week of the 2014 season on Monday as LA Galaxy II forward Jack McBean was named Player of the Week. McBean had both goals as the Galaxy II handed Sacramento Republic FC its first defeat at Bonney Field, and moved into the No. 3 seed in the USL PRO Playoffs.
Arizona United SC’s Jonathan Top has claimed the USL PRO Goal of the Month award for August for his goal against the Pittsburgh Riverhounds on August 16.
USL PRO announced the league’s 2014 statistical award winners on Tuesday, as Orlando City SC’s Kevin Molino was named the league’s Scoring Champion, Golden Boot and Assist Champion. The Rochester Rhinos’ John McCarthy was also honored, as he was named Goals-Against Average Champion.
North Carolina’s Andy Craven has made a strong start to the NCAA Division I Men’s Soccer season, scoring the game-winner in each of the Tar Heels’ three victories to start the season. After leading UNC to victory in a pair of games this past weekend, the OC Pateadores Blues forward was named the College Soccer News’ Player of the Week, and also selected to the TopDrawerSoccer.com Team of the Week, to lead a number of current and former PDL alumni to earn college awards in Week 2 of the season.