- RSS Channel Showcase 9027513
- RSS Channel Showcase 5668972
- RSS Channel Showcase 5265925
- RSS Channel Showcase 3622623
Articles on this Page
- 08/21/14--02:12: _Sacramento Gets Pas...
- 08/20/14--22:04: _Thompson, Eagles St...
- 08/21/14--12:25: _Pittsburgh Adds Vir...
- 08/21/14--12:23: _Duke Re-Joins Energ...
- 08/22/14--16:13: _Hammerheads Add Kay...
- 08/22/14--15:55: _United, Energy FC S...
- 08/23/14--09:02: _Morrison Lifts Unit...
- 08/23/14--11:54: _Rhinos, City Island...
- 08/23/14--11:53: _Kickers Host Lions ...
- 08/23/14--22:40: _Rhinos, City Island...
- 08/23/14--21:59: _Lions Hold Off Kick...
- 08/24/14--11:07: _Energy FC Welcomes ...
- 08/24/14--17:19: _Galaxy II, Hammerhe...
- 08/24/14--18:26: _Riverhounds Down Da...
- 08/25/14--16:09: _Super Y League Debu...
- 08/24/14--22:58: _Battery Take Victor...
- 08/25/14--16:13: _United Heads To Fac...
- 08/25/14--19:43: _Sounders Reserves D...
- 08/26/14--09:11: _Dayton's Thuriere C...
- 08/26/14--13:45: _Thompson Named Play...
- 08/21/14--02:12: Sacramento Gets Past Wilmington
- 08/20/14--22:04: Thompson, Eagles Stun Lions
- 08/21/14--12:25: Pittsburgh Adds Virgara To Squad
- 08/21/14--12:23: Duke Re-Joins Energy FC
- 08/22/14--16:13: Hammerheads Add Kaye On Loan
- 08/22/14--15:55: United, Energy FC Set For Key Clash
- 08/23/14--09:02: Morrison Lifts United Past Energy FC
- 08/23/14--11:54: Rhinos, City Islanders Set To Meet
- 08/23/14--11:53: Kickers Host Lions In Big Contest
- 08/23/14--22:40: Rhinos, City Islanders Finish Level
- 08/23/14--21:59: Lions Hold Off Kickers For Victory
- 08/24/14--11:07: Energy FC Welcomes Battery
- 08/24/14--17:19: Galaxy II, Hammerheads Finish Level
- 08/24/14--18:26: Riverhounds Down Dallas Reserves
- 08/25/14--16:09: Super Y League Debuts New Online Home
- 08/24/14--22:58: Battery Take Victory Against Energy FC
- 08/25/14--16:13: United Heads To Face Sounders Reserves
- 08/25/14--19:43: Sounders Reserves Defeat Arizona
- 08/26/14--09:11: Dayton's Thuriere Called Up By Haiti
- 08/26/14--13:45: Thompson Named Player of the Week
Sacramento Republic FC clinched a home USL PRO quarterfinal match with a 2-0 victory against Wilmington Hammerheads FC in front of a sellout crowd of 8,000 at Bonney Field on Wednesday night. Thomas Stewart scores his sixth goal in his last five matches as Sacramento pulled within a point of the Richmond Kickers in second place in the USL PRO standings.
The Charlotte Eagles continued their march toward the USL PRO Playoffs with a 2-0 victory against Orlando City SC on Wednesday night at the Queens Sports Complex behind two second-half goals from Wells Thompson. Charlotte now sits, for the moment, in the eighth and final playoff spot on 30 points with a record of 9-13-3.
The Pittsburgh Riverhounds have signed midfielder Anthony Virgara to a professional contract for the remainder of the 2014 season. Virgara, 23, played this past season with the Riverhounds U23 PDL squad as a midfielder and outside back. He made 11 appearances scoring one goal on two shots.
Sporting Kansas City midfielder Christian Duke has re-joined USL PRO affiliate OKC Energy FC, the clubs announced on Thursday. The loan comes with four games remaining in the regular season of OKC Energy FC's inaugural campaign:
Wilmington Hammerheads FC is pleased to announce the recent signing of Mark-Anthony Kaye for the remainder of the USL PRO regular season. The 19-year-old joins the Hammerheads by way of their affiliate partnership with Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC.
In a match holding major playoff implications, Arizona United Soccer Club will square off against OKC Energy FC in its final USL PRO regular-season home contest on Friday night at 7:30 p.m. PT at the Peoria Sports Complex.
Arizona United Soccer Club defeated OKC Energy FC 1-0 at the Peoria Sports Complex and moved into a tie for the eighth and final USL PRO playoff position with two regular-season matches remaining. Defender Scott Morrison provided the late heroics for the home side in the 76th minute when he collected a Kadeem Dacres saved shot on the touchline and finished from a tough angle inside the box.
The seventh-placed Rochester Rhinos host the fifth-placed Harrisburg City Islanders at Sahlen's Stadium on Saturday night at 7:05 p.m. ET. The Rhinos currently have 31 points from 25 matches played, and they sit one point above eighth-placed Charlotte for the final playoff spot in the 2014 USL PRO standings. The Rhinos opponent, Harrisburg, sits two points in front of its host with 33 points from 24 matches.
The Richmond Kickers (13-1-10, 49 points) return to City Stadium for the regular season home finale this Saturday night when they host a top-of-the-table battle against the defending USL PRO Champions Orlando City SC (16-3-4, 52 points). The high stakes match that could determine the eventual 2014 Regular Season Champions kicks off at 7 p.m. ET; gates open at 5:30 p.m. with live music from Common Wealth and craft beer specials including two tickets and two beers for $20.
The Rochester Rhinos played to a 2-2 draw with the Harrisburg City Islanders at Sahlen's Stadium on Saturday night. Clesio Bauque scored both goals for visiting City Islanders, while Tony Walls opened the scoring for Rochester in the first half, and JC Banks scored the equalizer for the Rhinos in the second half.
Orlando City SC took a six-point lead at the top of the USL PRO standings, and Kevin Molino scored his record-setting 16th goal of the season, as the Lions took a thrilling 3-2 victory against the Richmond Kickers in front of a rain-soaked crowd of 3,562 at City Stadium on Saturday night.
OKC Energy FC hosts the Charleston Battery on Sunday evening at 7 p.m. CT at Pribil Stadium in a key game for both sides as they pursue a place in the USL PRO Playoffs. Tickets are available for purchase online at www.EnergyFC.com, at the Bishop McGuinness box office beginning at 1 p.m. CT Sunday afternoon and at the pregame party at the Chesapeake Energy lawn beginning at 4 p.m. CT. A broadcast of the game is available via YouTube Live.
LA Galaxy II (13-8-4, 44 points) earned a 3-3 draw with Wilmington Hammerheads FC Sunday at StubHub Center’s Track & Field Stadium, as two goals from Chandler Hoffman and a stoppage-time goal from Rafael Garcia gave the hosts a point on the afternoon. The Galaxy II led 2-0 with 15 minutes to go, but the Hammerheads took a 3-2 lead as a pair of goals by Sunny Jane and Mark-Anthony Kaye's first professional goal put Wilmington ahead before Garcia's dramatic equalizer.
Playing with a sense of urgency, the Pittsburgh Riverhounds kept their USL PRO league playoff hopes alive, by defeating FC Dallas Reserves, 3-1, on Sunday afternoon at Highmark Stadium. Goals by Rob Vincent, Kevin Kerr and Mike Green lifted the Riverhounds to their eighth win of the season, their seventh win in their past 10 matches, and most importantly to within one point of the final playoff spot.
The Super Y League, in its 15th season and featuring the top youth soccer clubs in North America, has unveiled a new online home (http://supery.uslsoccer.com) with a fresh design and simplified navigation for users. The new site highlights the mission statement of the Super Y League – providing clubs with an unparalleled youth soccer experience - while also adding easier access to information about important league events and programs such as the SYL Olympic Development Program and the SYL North American Finals.
The Charleston Battery moved into fifth place in the USL PRO standings as they extended their undefeated streak to eight games, and handed OKC Energy FC its fifth consecutive loss, with a 2-0 victory on Sunday night in front of a sellout crowd of 4,722 fans at Pribil Stadium. The attendance total marked Energy FC’s eighth sellout of the season and the largest single-game figure this season.
Looking to continue its USL PRO playoff push, Arizona United Soccer Club will put its franchise best three-match winning streak to the test on Monday against the Seattle Sounders Reserves at Starfire Stadium at 1 p.m. PT.
Sean Okoli had two goals and an assist as the Seattle Sounders FC Reserves dealt a major blow to Arizona United SC's hopes of reaching the USL PRO Playoffs with a 5-1 victory at Starfire Sports Complex. Lamar Neagle, Tristan Bowen and Kenny Cooper were also on target for the Sounders Reserves as they snapped Arizona's three-game winning streak to take their third win in the MLS Reserve League this season.
Dayton Dutch Lions FC is pleased to announce that Sebastien Thuriere has been selected to attend a 10-day camp and compete for the Haitian National Team as they take on Chile at Fort Lauderdale's Lockhart Stadium on September 9.
USL PRO named its Team of the Week for Week 23 of the 2014 season on Tuesday as Charlotte Eagles forward Wells Thompson was named Player of the Week. Thompson scored both goals in the Eagles’ 2-0 victory against Orlando City SC on Thursday night, which provided a major boost to the 2013 USL PRO Championship Finalist’s playoff prospects.