- RSS Channel Showcase 1126756
- RSS Channel Showcase 7294469
- RSS Channel Showcase 6366344
- RSS Channel Showcase 3505017
Articles on this Page
- 08/15/14--14:22: _Kickers Add Hall To...
- 08/15/14--10:34: _U20 World Cup Quart...
- 08/16/14--06:58: _Hammerheads Fall To...
- 08/15/14--22:33: _Battery Earn Victor...
- 08/16/14--14:11: _Orlando Faces Remat...
- 08/16/14--21:43: _Kickers, Dutch Lion...
- 08/17/14--02:34: _United Pushes Past ...
- 08/16/14--22:06: _Eagles Sweep Past R...
- 08/16/14--23:28: _Galaxy II Hold Off ...
- 08/17/14--00:11: _Lions Take Victory ...
- 08/17/14--09:28: _U.S., Canada Bow Ou...
- 08/17/14--22:11: _Republic FC Cruises...
- 08/18/14--16:06: _Neil Honored For Le...
- 08/19/14--09:00: _Express Delighted W...
- 08/19/14--19:31: _Republic FC Adds Ca...
- 08/19/14--13:35: _Cuevas Named Player...
- 08/20/14--08:59: _Basso Signs With Ki...
- 08/20/14--16:02: _Galaxy II Make Pair...
- 08/20/14--15:39: _Velazco Enjoys Asce...
- 08/20/14--15:38: _TDS Top 100 has W-L...
- 08/15/14--14:22: Kickers Add Hall To Squad
- 08/15/14--10:34: U20 World Cup Quarterfinals Set
- 08/16/14--06:58: Hammerheads Fall To Red Bulls Reserves
- 08/15/14--22:33: Battery Earn Victory Against Rhinos
- 08/16/14--14:11: Orlando Faces Rematch With Harrisburg
- 08/16/14--21:43: Kickers, Dutch Lions Finish Level
- 08/17/14--02:34: United Pushes Past Riverhounds
- 08/16/14--22:06: Eagles Sweep Past Rhinos
- 08/16/14--23:28: Galaxy II Hold Off Energy FC
- 08/17/14--00:11: Lions Take Victory Against City Islanders
- 08/17/14--09:28: U.S., Canada Bow Out At U20 World Cup
- 08/17/14--22:11: Republic FC Cruises Past Blues
- 08/18/14--16:06: Neil Honored For Legendary Career
- 08/19/14--09:00: Express Delighted With Historic Season
- 08/19/14--19:31: Republic FC Adds Cazarez To Squad
- 08/19/14--13:35: Cuevas Named Player of the Week
- 08/20/14--08:59: Basso Signs With Kickers
- 08/20/14--16:02: Galaxy II Make Pair Of Additions
- 08/20/14--15:39: Velazco Enjoys Ascent With Tucson
- 08/20/14--15:38: TDS Top 100 has W-League Flavor
The Richmond Kickers are pleased to announce the addition of former Orange County Blues midfielder Matheau Hall and Richmond United Academy midfielder, Lyndsey Moreland, prior to the USL PRO roster freeze deadline. Both players will be available for selection immediately.
The FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup reaches the knockout stage on Saturday as both the United States and Canada are in action in the tournament’s quarterfinals. The U.S. is set to face North Korea at 5 p.m. ET at BMO Field in Toronto, while the hosts will face Germany at 8 p.m. ET at Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton.
The New York Red Bulls Reserves got a late goal by Marius Obekop to take a 1-0 victory against the Wilmington Hammerheads at Lubetkin Field on the campus of NJIT on Friday night. The loss was the Hammerheads' fourth in a row, and kept them in 10th place in the USL PRO standings.
Behind goals from Maikel Chang and Jose Cuevas, the Charleston Battery continued their playoff push with a 2-1 victory against the Rochester Rhinos on Friday night at Blackbaud Stadium in front of a crowd of 4,011. The victory moved the Battery past the Rhinos and into sixth place in the USL PRO standings as they extended their undefeated streak to seven games.
Orlando City SC (15-2-4, 49 points) is eagerly anticipating this weekend’s rematch with the Harrisburg City Islanders (9-8-6, 33 points) after suffering its second loss last Saturday. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
The Richmond Kickers battled the Dayton Dutch Lions to a 1-1 draw on Saturday night at City Stadium. A pair of free kicks on either side of the field saw the Kickers take the lead when George Davis IV converted one early in the second half, but Dayton defender Shintaro Harada leveled the score in identical fashion to steal a point on the road with 10 minutes to go.
A strong second half by Arizona United Soccer Club gave the home side a much-needed 3-1 victory against the Pittsburgh Riverhounds on Saturday night at the Peoria Sports Complex. Jonathan Top recorded his fifth goal of the season on a beautifully chipped ball from the edge of the box, Jon Okafor recorded his fourth goal, and Brad Stisser hammered home his second goal.
The Charlotte Eagles got a pair of late goals by Zak Boggs as they took a 3-1 victory against the Rochester Rhinos on Satuday night at the Queens Sports Complex. Jorge Herrera gave the Eagles the lead, and Boggs notched his first before Onua Obasi pulled a goal back for the Rhinos, but Boggs added his second to wrap up a vital three points for the Eagles.
The LA Galaxy II handed Energy FC its third consecutive loss, as Los Dos took a 1-0 victory on Saturday night in front of a sellout crowd of 4,089 at Pribil Stadium. Daniel Steres' third goal of the season proved enough to move the Galaxy II into third position ahead of Sacramento Republic FC's visit to Orange County Blues FC on Sunday afternoon.
Orlando City SC clinched a home game in the opening round of the USL PRO Playoffs as Darwin Ceren struck twice in a 3-1 victory against the Harrisburg City Islanders in front of a sold-out crowd at the ESPN Wide World of Sports on Saturday night. Kevin Molino also scored for the Lions as he tied the USL PRO single-season goal-scoring record with his 15th goal of the season.
Both the United States’ and Canada’s hopes of claiming the 2014 FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup came to an end in the quarterfinals as both sides were eliminated on Saturday night. The United States fell in agonizing fashion in a penalty shootout against North Korea, while the hosts were defeated 2-0 by an impressive German side.
Sacramento Republic FC became the third side to clinch a place in the USL PRO Playoffs as it took a 6-1 victory against Orange County Blues FC on Sunday night at Anteater Stadium. Tommy Stewart had a second-half hat trick for the visitors, who moved back into third place in the USL PRO standings ahead of the LA Galaxy II with five games remaining in its inaugural regular season.
When the call came, it left former Vancouver Whitecaps Women standout Andrea Neil speechless. “I was doing a radio interview last week, and I told them I was without words,” Neil said by phone recently. “That’s certainly the way it felt. The Whitecaps were so supportive of our club in the 2000s; it’s something you appreciate getting recognition for.”
Throughout its history, the Jersey Express have been one of the better teams within the PDL. While this year's squad might not have had the talent of its predecessors, the Express experienced unprecedented success this season. This year, the Express won the PDL Mid Atlantic Division and the Eastern Conference Championship for the first time in team history.
Sacramento Republic FC announced they have signed midfielder Agustin Cazarez and forward Ismar Tandir prior to the USL PRO Roster Freeze Deadline, pending USL PRO and USSF approval. The USL PRO Roster Freeze prevents teams from signing, trading or receiving loan players after the deadline. The deadline for the 2014 season passed at 2 p.m. PT on Tuesday afternoon.
USL PRO named its Team of the Week for Week 22 of the 2014 season on Tuesday as Charleston Battery midfielder Jose Cuevas was named Player of the Week. Cuevas had two goals and added two assists as the Battery defeated both Orange County Blues FC and the Rochester Rhinos to move up to sixth place in the USL PRO standings last week.
The Richmond Kickers are pleased to announce the addition of defender Stephen Basso, prior to the USL PRO roster freeze deadline. He will be available for selection immediately. “Stephen's signing is a timely addition,” said Leigh Cowlishaw, Richmond Kickers Director of Soccer. “He brings a winning mentality, extensive league experience and a strong desire to help us win a Championship.”
LA Galaxy II announced today that the club has signed forward Kainoa Bailey from German club Bayer 04 Leverkusen, and French defender Jason Bli on a free transfer. A 19-year-old American forward, Bailey joins Los Dos after signing his first professional contract with the German club last year. Bli, 20, joins the Galaxy II on a free transfer after spending the last season with L'Entente Sannois Saint-Gratien in France’s fourth tier of competition.
How Ricardo Velazco came to play for FC Tucson was somewhat by chance. “I didn’t really know much about it; I knew that they had started a new PDL team but I didn’t really know what the PDL was because I was playing in the Academy,” Velazco said by phone recently. “We had a scrimmage against them when I was playing with RSL [Arizona], and after the coaches asked what I was going to do in the summer prior to going to college, and I really had no plans, so they asked me if I wanted to go and play with them.”
Top Drawer Soccer released its Top 100 Player Rankings for the upcoming 2014 women’s collegiate season this week, with current and former W-League players featured prominently in the list while claiming eight of the top 10 spots and 40 spots overall.