- RSS Channel Showcase 1243036
- RSS Channel Showcase 8537846
- RSS Channel Showcase 8341798
- RSS Channel Showcase 4117927
Articles on this Page
- 09/25/14--18:51: _Wolverines Play Hos...
- 09/25/14--18:53: _Seminoles, Cavalier...
- 09/25/14--16:34: _USL PRO Championshi...
- 09/26/14--13:16: _Yedlin Leads 24 und...
- 09/26/14--17:19: _USL PRO Awards Winn...
- 09/27/14--17:54: _2014 USL PRO Champi...
- 09/28/14--08:59: _Republic FC Claims ...
- 09/29/14--13:52: _Lopez Leads Way For...
- 09/30/14--14:25: _Hammerheads Train W...
- 09/30/14--15:18: _Republic FC Faces R...
- 09/30/14--14:35: _Loanees Take Spotli...
- 10/01/14--12:31: _Maloney Picks Up We...
- 10/01/14--15:37: _Laval�s Gregoire He...
- 10/01/14--00:59: _Republic FC Falls T...
- 10/01/14--17:37: _Becher Ready For Ne...
- 10/02/14--17:31: _Cardinals Aim To Ma...
- 10/02/14--16:05: _Gators Visit Aggies...
- 10/02/14--09:14: _Republic FC Announc...
- 10/02/14--15:34: _USL PRO Goals of th...
- 10/03/14--13:23: _Galaxy II's Sorto C...
- 09/25/14--18:51: Wolverines Play Host To Penn State
- 09/25/14--18:53: Seminoles, Cavaliers Set To Meet
- 09/25/14--16:34: USL PRO Championship Set For Saturday
- 09/26/14--13:16: Yedlin Leads 24 under 24 Selections
- 09/26/14--17:19: USL PRO Awards Winners Announced
- 09/27/14--17:54: 2014 USL PRO Championship Game
- 09/28/14--08:59: Republic FC Claims USL PRO Championship
- 09/29/14--13:52: Lopez Leads Way For Sacramento
- 09/30/14--14:25: Hammerheads Train With Chicago
- 09/30/14--15:18: Republic FC Faces Real Salt Lake
- 09/30/14--14:35: Loanees Take Spotlight In Championship
- 10/01/14--12:31: Maloney Picks Up Weekly Honors
- 10/01/14--15:37: Laval�s Gregoire Helps Princeton Drop Yale
- 10/01/14--00:59: Republic FC Falls To Real Salt Lake
- 10/01/14--17:37: Becher Ready For New Challenges
- 10/02/14--17:31: Cardinals Aim To Maintain Successful Run
- 10/02/14--16:05: Gators Visit Aggies In Top-Ten Clash
- 10/02/14--09:14: Republic FC Announces Celebration
- 10/02/14--15:34: USL PRO Goals of the Month, September
- 10/03/14--13:23: Galaxy II's Sorto Called Up To U.S. U23s
The University of Michigan hosts No. 8 Penn State as the Wolverines look to close the gap at the top of the Big Ten standings on Sunday in a nationally televised contest featuring PDL standouts on both sides. Sunday afternoon’s clash on the Big Ten Network is one of a number of NCAA Division I Men’s Soccer contests available on national television or online this weekend.
A top-five ACC clash highlights the weekend’s NCAA Division I women’s soccer action as No. 3 Virginia takes on No. 5 Florida State in a nationally televised clash that will feature current and former W-League standouts on both sides. Sunday’s contest is one a number of games set to be aired on national television or online this weekend that will feature W-League players.
The 2014 USL PRO Championship Game presented by Nike is set for Saturday night, as No. 2-seed Sacramento Republic FC hosts the No. 8-seed Harrisburg City Islanders at 10:30 p.m. ET/7:30 p.m. PT at Bonney Field. Saturday’s championship game is already a sellout, with the game available to be viewed online through the USL PRO YouTube channel, and locally in Sacramento on CW31.
The 2014 MLSSoccer.com 24 under 24 list was unveiled on Thursday afternoon, as former Seattle Sounders U23 standout DeAndre Yedlin led a contingent of 11 former PDL players selected to the list. Yedlin became the second consecutive PDL alumni to top the list, following Darlington Nagbe, formerly of the Cleveland Internationals.
USL PRO honored its top performers of the season today, announcing the Most Valuable Player, Rookie of the Year, Defender of the Year, Goalkeeper of the Year and Coach of the Year from the 2014 season. The winners were announced at an awards ceremony in Sacramento, Calif., site of Saturday’s USL PRO Championship Game featuring Sacramento Republic FC and the Harrisburg City Islanders.
Join us for the 2014 USL PRO Championship Game presented by Nike as Sacramento Republic FC faces the Harrisburg City Islanders. Kickoff at a sold-out Bonney Field is set for 10:30 p.m. ET/7:30 p.m. PT.
Sacramento Republic FC claimed the title at the 2014 USL PRO Championship presented by Nike as a goal in either half earned a 2-0 victory against the Harrisburg City Islanders in front of a sellout crowd at Bonney Field. Octavio Guzman and Tommy Stewart had the goals for Republic FC, which capped a remarkable inaugural season with a championship.
As the club’s inaugural season began, Sacramento Republic FC coach Preki certainly didn’t envision Saturday night’s championship victory against the Harrisburg City Islanders at a sold-out Bonney Field.
Strong end of the year performances have paid off for a pair of Wilmington Hammerheads FC players. Drew Ruggles and Sunny Jane recently completed a week-long training stint with Major League Soccer’s Chicago Fire.
Sacramento Republic FC travels to Utah to play Major League Soccer's Real Salt Lake on Tuesday night at Rio Tinto Stadium in a post-season friendly. Kickoff is set for 6:30 p.m. PT, with the game set to be streamed live on RSL's website.
Sometimes in a championship game, it’s the goal that doesn’t get scored that makes the difference as much as the one that does. That concept certainly could apply to Sacramento Republic FC’s triumph in the 2014 USL PRO Championship Game. With the opening goal so crucial, one of the key moments in Republic FC’s victory arrived when the game remained scoreless and featured two of the five MLS loanees that started Saturday’s final.
After spending time with Reading United AC, Penn State’s Connor Maloney has made a big impact this fall for the Nittany Lions, who remain one of three undefeated ranked teams in the nation after a pair of victories last week. Maloney’s three goals and assist earned him the TopDrawerSoccer.com Player of the Week award, as he led the current and former PDL players to be honored this week.
Laval Comets midfielder Vanessa Gregoire was named the Ivy League Rookie of the Week after helping Princeton to a 1-0 win against Yale, leading the list of W-League and W-20 players recognized for their NCAA Division I performances last week.
2014 USL PRO champion Sacramento Republic FC fell 2-0 to Major League Soccer's Real Salt Lake in a friendly match on Tuesday night at Rio Tinto Stadium. Republic FC gave up a second-half penalty kick and a late goal in a competitive contest against one of MLS's top sides.
The reality of a championship game is when the final whistle blows, there will be a winner and a loser. On Saturday, it was the Harrisburg City Islanders and Coach Bill Becher that ended up on the short end of the result as they fell 2-0 against Sacramento Republic FC. Even a few days later, the sting felt at the end of such a memorable run hasn’t quite dimmed.
With conference play in full swing, the upcoming weekend promises a number of interesting contests across the country in Division I Men’s Soccer that are set to be aired on national television or online. A number of PDL standouts will be on display as teams look to maintain, or improve, their standing as the countdown to the postseason begins.
A pair of Top-10 contests in the SEC and ACC highlight this weekend’s action in NCAA Division I Women’s Soccer, with current and former W-League standouts set to lead their sides in key conference clashes that can be seen on national television or online.
Sacramento Republic FC has announced a Championship Celebration to commemorate winning the 2014 USL PRO Championship on Friday, October 3. After a remarkable inaugural season in USL PRO, which saw the club finish second in the regular season before claiming the championship with a 2-0 victory against the Harrisburg City Islanders this past Saturday night, Republic FC's players and staff will lead Friday's celebration.
The best 10 goals from the month of September have been selected, watch the video and vote on your favorite. Polls close Monday, October 6 at 1 p.m. ET.
LA Galaxy defender Oscar Sorto has been named to a 21-player roster for the U.S. Under-23 Men’s National Team’s October camp in Brasilia, U.S. Soccer announced today. The group, which is beginning its early preparations for qualification toward the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, departs for Brasilia on Thursday, Oct. 9.