- RSS Channel Showcase 4763702
- RSS Channel Showcase 6996157
- RSS Channel Showcase 5337474
- RSS Channel Showcase 5574114
Articles on this Page
- 10/03/14--11:46: _Gleeson Delighted B...
- 10/04/14--10:55: _Tar Heels Hold Off ...
- 10/04/14--11:01: _Wolfpack Spring Sur...
- 10/03/14--22:00: _Republic FC Celebra...
- 10/07/14--09:04: _Penn State Defeats ...
- 10/07/14--09:03: _Shelton Leads Orego...
- 10/07/14--09:02: _Hardware Takes Goal...
- 10/07/14--09:01: _USL Veterans Called...
- 10/07/14--09:01: _W-League Standouts ...
- 10/07/14--13:43: _Blues' Kim Called U...
- 10/07/14--17:03: _Dalglish Excited By...
- 10/07/14--12:47: _Pettis Sees Bright ...
- 10/08/14--15:02: _DePuy Takes TDS, Bi...
- 10/08/14--14:47: _Pride�s Eckerstrom ...
- 10/08/14--11:42: _USL Adds Mike Jacob...
- 10/09/14--12:39: _Bruins, Cardinal Se...
- 10/09/14--10:38: _Smith Thrilled By S...
- 10/10/14--12:40: _Huskies Head To Fac...
- 10/10/14--15:31: _Saint Louis Makes F...
- 10/11/14--10:08: _Huskies Rally To De...
- 10/03/14--11:46: Gleeson Delighted By Sacramento Stint
- 10/04/14--10:55: Tar Heels Hold Off Hokies
- 10/04/14--11:01: Wolfpack Spring Surprise vs. Cardinals
- 10/03/14--22:00: Republic FC Celebrates Championship
- 10/07/14--09:04: Penn State Defeats Wisconsin
- 10/07/14--09:03: Shelton Leads Oregon State Past Cal
- 10/07/14--09:02: Hardware Takes Goal of the Month
- 10/07/14--09:01: USL Veterans Called Into U.S. Team
- 10/07/14--09:01: W-League Standouts Highlight U.S. Squad
- 10/07/14--13:43: Blues' Kim Called Up By South Korea
- 10/07/14--17:03: Dalglish Excited By Return To Austin
- 10/07/14--12:47: Pettis Sees Bright Future In Harrisburg
- 10/08/14--15:02: DePuy Takes TDS, Big West Honors
- 10/08/14--14:47: Pride�s Eckerstrom Leads Nittany Lions
- 10/08/14--11:42: USL Adds Mike Jacobs to Executive Team
- 10/09/14--12:39: Bruins, Cardinal Set To Resume Rivalry
- 10/09/14--10:38: Smith Thrilled By Sacramento's Success
- 10/10/14--12:40: Huskies Head To Face Beavers
- 10/10/14--15:31: Saint Louis Makes First Strides
- 10/11/14--10:08: Huskies Rally To Defeat Sun Devils
No matter what league you’re in, winning a championship is something special. You only needed to see Sacramento Republic FC goalkeeper Jake Gleeson following Saturday’s USL PRO Championship Game victory to know. “This is what you work every day for,” he said, a big smile on his face.
The University of North Carolina remained perfect in the ACC as the No. 8 Tar Heels held off No. 5 Virginia Tech to take a 3-2 victory on Friday night at Fetzer Field. Megan Buckingham, Sarah Firstenberg and Joanna Boyles scored for the Tar Heels, as the New Jersey Wildcats’ Danae O’Halloran picked up an assist, to lead the Tar Heels to victory.
The Carolina Dynamo’s Reed Norton scored his first goal of the fall for North Carolina State as the Wolfpack took a 2-1 upset victory against No. 6 Louisville on Friday night at the Dali Soccer Stadium. Norton’s Dynamo teammate Travis Wannamuehler also scored for the Wolfpack as they took their first ACC win of the season.
Sacramento Republic FC celebrated its first USL PRO Championship on Friday afternoon as the team's players and staff participated in a Championship Celebration to the state capitol. Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson and large contingent of the team's fans were on hand to celebrate Saturday's 2-0 victory against the Harrisburg City Islanders in the 2014 USL PRO Championship Game.
No. 7 Penn State remained perfect in conference play as Colorado Pride goalkeeper Britt Eckerstrom had a four-save shutout and Pride teammate Mallory Weber had an assist in the Nittany Lions’ 2-0 victory against No. 13 Wisconsin on Sunday afternoon at the McClimon Soccer Complex. Former Super Y League ODP selection Emily Ogle and Salina Williford scored for the Nittany Lions, who took their seventh consecutive victory in the Big Ten.
Lane United FC’s Khiry Shelton had a hat trick as Oregon State thumped No. 13 California 6-2 on Sunday night at Lorenz Field. Shelton, who also claimed the PDL Championship with the Austin Aztex in 2013, opened the scoring after only 54 seconds and also added an assist as the Beavers handed the Bears their second consecutive loss to open the Pac-12 campaign.
The Harrisburg City Islanders' Jamiel Hardware has claimed the USL PRO Goal of the Month award for September for his goal against the Charlotte Eagles on September 6.
2004 PDL Goalkeeper of the Year Brad Guzan and 2012 PDL All-League selection DeAndre Yedlin were among the USL alumni named in the U.S. Men’s National Team squad announced on Monday that will face Ecuador on October 10 in the final game of Landon Donovan’s illustrious national team career.
The United States’ squad for FIFA 2015 Women’s World Cup Qualifying was announced on Monday, with 17 players with W-League experience included in Jill Ellis’ 20-player squad that will host CONCACAF Qualifying later this month.
Orange County Blues FC midfielder Seung Ju Kim has been officially named to the Korea Republic U-19 National Team for the 2014 Asian Football Confederation (AFC) U-19 Championship. The top four teams in this tournament, which runs from October 9th-23rd in Myanmar, qualify for the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup, hosted in New Zealand.
If demand to watch the Austin Aztex play in USL PRO next season is anything like the desire of players to compete for the club, then the club would certainly be set for a big inaugural season in the professional ranks.
Eric Pettis is a man with remarkable energy. If the Harrisburg City Islanders’ Owner and CEO has seemed to have a little more pep in his step in the past eight months, though, it’s with good reason. “When I went to the All-Star Game in Portland, and soaked in all the information, that absolutely inspired me,” Pettis said recently.
In a week dominated by forwards in NCAA Division I Men’s Soccer, it was the Real Colorado Foxes’ Nick DePuy that shone the brightest. The UC Santa Barbara standout scored two game-winning goals, including one to lift his side past No. 3 UC Irvine, to take Player of the Week honors from TopDrawerSoccer.com and lead a large contingent of current and former PDL players to be honored for their performances in the past week of action.
Colorado Pride goalkeeper Britt Eckerstrom leads the group of W-League and W-20 players recognized for their NCAA Division I performances last week, as the Penn State junior was named Big Ten Co-Defensive Player of the Week after recording two shutouts in Penn State’s wins against Minnesota and No. 13 Wisconsin.
USL is pleased to announce it has named longtime college soccer coach and educator Mike Jacobs to its leadership team as Vice President, Developmental Properties. Jacobs, the incoming NSCAA President and current Vice President, will join USL at its Tampa headquarters after completing the 2014 NCAA season as head coach of the University of Evansville men’s soccer program.
The biggest conference rivalry of recent times sits at the forefront of this weekend’s action in NCAA Division I Women’s Soccer, as No. 1 UCLA and No. 3 Stanford meet at Drake Field. The key Pac-12 clash is one of a number that can be seen this weekend on national television or online that will feature a number of top current and former W-League players.
The ascent of Sacramento Republic FC, from the announcement of its entry into USL PRO on December 3, 2012 to its victory in the 2014 USL PRO Championship, has been a remarkable one. Leading the way has been the club’s President and Co-Founder, Warren Smith, who recently sat down for an extensive Q&A.
After victories against California rivals last weekend, two strong sides from the Pacific Northwest - both of which feature top PDL players - meet this weekend in a big Pac-12 clash. No. 1 Washington faces No. 23 Oregon State on Sunday afternoon to highlight this weekend’s action in NCAA Division I Men’s Soccer that will be available to be viewed on national television or online.
When starting a new soccer club, there will inevitably be a lot of firsts. This week saw a significant one for Saint Louis FC, which held its first invitational tryout at the St. Louis Soccer Park. As the club moves toward its inaugural season, the event was an exciting one for General Manager Jeremy Alumbaugh as a hand-picked group of players got put through their paces by Head Coach Dale Schilly and his staff.
Former Seattle Sounders Women forward Kate Bennett scored her fifth goal of the season as the University of Washington rallied to take a 2-1 victory against No. 19 Arizona State on Friday night at Husky Soccer Field.