- RSS Channel Showcase 9255999
- RSS Channel Showcase 9658739
- RSS Channel Showcase 9983224
- RSS Channel Showcase 5944168
Articles on this Page
- 12/18/14--17:38: _Trio Return To Hamm...
- 12/18/14--10:03: _King's Warriors Nam...
- 12/18/14--10:40: _Aztex Add Four To S...
- 12/18/14--16:20: _T2 Names Vidovich A...
- 12/19/14--16:20: _FC Miami City Names...
- 12/22/14--09:17: _Aztex To Host Prese...
- 12/22/14--14:20: _Foothills Growth Fi...
- 12/22/14--12:55: _Jamieson IV Taking ...
- 12/22/14--16:12: _Battery Announce Dy...
- 12/23/14--18:11: _Monarchs Appoint Ju...
- 12/29/14--10:19: _Top USL PRO Storyli...
- 12/30/14--07:30: _Busby Returns for S...
- 12/30/14--11:03: _Top USL PRO Storyli...
- 12/30/14--13:38: _Veterans Excited Fo...
- 12/31/14--13:29: _PDL Standouts Added...
- 12/31/14--13:56: _Magic Boast Trio of...
- 12/31/14--11:48: _United Lays Down Ro...
- 12/31/14--12:11: _Top USL PRO Storyli...
- 01/02/15--16:11: _Stampede Sitting Pr...
- 01/02/15--16:27: _Engstrom Ready For ...
- 12/18/14--17:38: Trio Return To Hammerheads
- 12/18/14--10:03: King's Warriors Name Miglarese As Coach
- 12/18/14--10:40: Aztex Add Four To Squad
- 12/18/14--16:20: T2 Names Vidovich As First Coach
- 12/19/14--16:20: FC Miami City Names Eloi as Coach
- 12/22/14--09:17: Aztex To Host Preseason Tournament
- 12/22/14--14:20: Foothills Growth Fills Void in Calgary Soccer
- 12/22/14--12:55: Jamieson IV Taking It All In Stride
- 12/22/14--16:12: Battery Announce Dynamo Partnership
- 12/23/14--18:11: Monarchs Appoint Juarez As Coach
- 12/29/14--10:19: Top USL PRO Storylines of 2014: No. 3
- 12/30/14--07:30: Busby Returns for Sounders Women
- 12/30/14--11:03: Top USL PRO Storylines of 2014: No. 2
- 12/30/14--13:38: Veterans Excited For USL PRO's Future
- 12/31/14--13:29: PDL Standouts Added To MLS Combine
- 12/31/14--13:56: Magic Boast Trio of College Champions
- 12/31/14--11:48: United Lays Down Roots For Success
- 12/31/14--12:11: Top USL PRO Storylines of 2014: No. 1
- 01/02/15--16:11: Stampede Sitting Pretty In Southeast
- 01/02/15--16:27: Engstrom Ready For Independence
Wilmington Hammerheads FC announced today the return of three players to their 2015 USL PRO regular season roster. The club has exercised options for Andrae Campbell, Drew Ruggles, and Marc Godelman to return for a second a season.
The Southern West Virginia King's Warriors are pleased to announce today the appointment of John Miglarese as Head Coach for the 2015 season. The announcement is made today by Dr. James Blume, the President and Founder of the Nehemiah Group which serves as the ownership group of the King's Warriors.
The Austin Aztex are pleased to announce the signing of the four newest additions to the 2015 roster which will compete in the team’s debut USL PRO season. The new signings include former Aztex PDL players Devin Perales and Max Gunderson as well as Brian Fekete, who holds a proven track record in USL PRO, and Brendan King, formerly with the Chicago Fire of MLS.
The Portland Timbers 2 today named Jay Vidovich as the club’s first head coach for the 2015 USL PRO season. Vidovich will lead T2 after 21 seasons as head coach at Wake Forest University, where he has become one of the most successful coaches in NCAA history.
FC Miami City Champions announced today that Wagneau Eloi has been appointed Head Coach. Eloi is a former Haitian international footballer, playing as a striker during his career. He is the co-founder and technical director of US Champions Soccer Academy and now head coach of FC Miami City Champions, the new PDL expansion franchise in the Miami, Florida metropolitan area.
Major League Soccer is coming to Austin as the Austin Aztex present the inaugural ATX Pro Challenge, a four team competition bracket. The tournament will be held Friday, February 13 through Sunday, February 15, 2015 at University of Texas at Austin’s Mike A. Myers Stadium and will feature three MLS teams.
Top-level soccer has been in and out of Calgary, Alberta during recent decades, but the city’s soccer prospects received a significant boost when longtime youth soccer power Calgary Foothills Soccer Club announced it would be creating a team to compete in the PDL for the 2015 season.
Sitting in the clubhouse at IMG Academy during a break from this month’s U.S. U20 Men’s National Team fitness camp, the LA Galaxy II’s Bradford Jamieson IV took a moment to reflect. “It’s definitely been, obviously, a change in my life,” he said. “Day to day, things have been changing, all the little things that are so different to how it was 12 months ago, but really, a lot of things have changed for the better. I’m starting to adjust to this lifestyle a lot better, and I’m happy overall.”
The Charleston Battery of USL PRO will affiliate with the Houston Dynamo of Major League Soccer in a one-year deal for the 2015 season, the clubs announced Monday. The arrangement is unique in that both clubs were affiliated with other teams in 2014, and Houston is pursuing plans to launch its own USL PRO club before the 2016 season.
Real Monarchs announced on Tuesday that former RSL-Arizona Academy coach Freddy Juarez will be the USL Pro club’s inaugural head coach, as appointed by recently-named Real Salt Lake Technical Director Craig Waibel. Juarez will be joined on his coaching staff by David “Bingy” Lara.
What began as a series of minor affiliation agreements continued to evolve into a fully-formed pyramid of top-level North American soccer in 2014, as USL PRO and MLS reached official partnership agreements, bringing the two leagues closer together than ever.
The Seattle Sounders Women are proud to announce that Hubert Busby will return as the head coach for the Sounders Women in 2015. Busby has had great success in developing players for the next level and his 2014 Sounders Women team finished with a 7-4-1 record, just behind the Colorado Pride and eventual W-League champion the LA Blues in the Western Conference.
As the game continues to grow in North America and the pyramid of competition comes into focus, USL PRO has become an increasingly popular destination for those looking to get into the professional soccer business.
When USL PRO’s Board of Governors first came together, a plan was set in place that would boost the league’s teams and provide an attractive platform for players, coaches and clubs to reach their potential and provide a pathway for success. As the league prepares to begin its fifth season, those who have been part of the evolution of the league are delighted with its current direction, and what the future is set to bring.
2014 PDL Most Valuable Player Dzenan Catic was among nine players added to the 2015 Major League Soccer Combine on Wednesday, with a number of fellow PDL standouts set to head to Fort Lauderdale, Fla. from January 8-13. Catic scored 16 goals in 14 regular-season contests for the Michigan Bucks, and then proved crucial in his side’s run to a second PDL Championship.
It’s not uncommon for players to go from a successful summer in the W-League to a key role in the fall in women’s college soccer. For a trio of New York Magic players, however, the college season concluded with the thrill of a national championship.
When Lane United FC’s leadership first began making plans for what their club would represent, one overriding goal lay at the heart of the decision-making process. “We started this project with the idea that we were going to create what we would like to see as fans, so we built everything with that goal,” said Managing Director David Galas recently.
When Warren Smith announced the founding of Sacramento Republic FC in late 2012, the news was greeted with enthusiasm in Sacramento, but nobody could have foreseen how the club’s fate would play out during the next two years.
Quick, name the team that’s won the PDL’s Southeast Division each of the past three years. Remarkably, in a division that has boasted numerous standout organizations, the Ocala Stampede have become rulers of the roost, this past summer adding their first conference championship to a remarkable three-year run that has seen the club earn success on and off the field.
The hiring of Tom Engstrom as the first General Manager for the Charlotte Independence was, in reality, a simple move. Often, though, it’s simple moves like this that place a team on firm footing for the future, which Engstrom believes is bright for the Queen City’s new club.