Articles on this Page
- 12/07/14--06:56: _DaSilva, Chiquinho ...
- 12/08/14--03:46: _Seminoles Claim Fir...
- 12/08/14--04:38: _Galaxy Earn Fifth M...
- 12/08/14--16:52: _Rochester Announces...
- 12/09/14--16:33: _Energy FC Announces...
- 12/09/14--14:22: _PDL Welcomes Burlin...
- 12/10/14--15:23: _Parratt Re-Signs Wi...
- 12/10/14--11:22: _USL AGM Opens on Cl...
- 12/10/14--16:14: _Selections Made In ...
- 12/10/14--17:29: _Opatkiewicz's Path ...
- 12/11/14--13:26: _Men's College Cup S...
- 12/11/14--16:05: _Brilla Name McKeeve...
- 12/12/14--17:05: _PDL Alumni Dominate...
- 12/12/14--21:58: _USL Honors Outstand...
- 12/13/14--11:29: _Madison Leads Caval...
- 12/15/14--10:38: _Brown Helps Cavalie...
- 12/15/14--10:36: _Sacramento Stadium ...
- 12/16/14--09:03: _Arizona Moves To Sc...
- 12/17/14--15:21: _Republic FC Expands...
- 12/17/14--15:26: _Riverhounds Name Ne...
- 12/07/14--06:56: DaSilva, Chiquinho Set To Lead Express
- 12/08/14--03:46: Seminoles Claim First National Title
- 12/08/14--04:38: Galaxy Earn Fifth MLS Cup
- 12/08/14--16:52: Rochester Announces 10 Returnees
- 12/09/14--16:33: Energy FC Announces Training Facility
- 12/09/14--14:22: PDL Welcomes Burlingame Dragons FC
- 12/10/14--15:23: Parratt Re-Signs With Hammerheads
- 12/10/14--11:22: USL AGM Opens on Clearwater Beach
- 12/10/14--16:14: Selections Made In MLS Expansion Draft
- 12/10/14--17:29: Opatkiewicz's Path Returns To Seattle
- 12/11/14--13:26: Men's College Cup Set For Kickoff
- 12/11/14--16:05: Brilla Name McKeever As New Coach
- 12/12/14--17:05: PDL Alumni Dominate Combine Invites
- 12/12/14--21:58: USL Honors Outstanding Teams, Executives
- 12/13/14--11:29: Madison Leads Cavaliers Into Final
- 12/15/14--10:38: Brown Helps Cavaliers Claim Title
- 12/15/14--10:36: Sacramento Stadium Expansion Approved
- 12/16/14--09:03: Arizona Moves To Scottsdale Stadium
- 12/17/14--15:21: Republic FC Expands Front Office
- 12/17/14--15:26: Riverhounds Name New President, Coach
Together, Anderson DaSilva and Francisco Assis da Silva Jr.,nicknamed 'Chiquinho', have years of coaching and developmental experience in both Brazil and Florida. Now, the tandem will look to bring that success to the Garden State. Both men were hired this week as co-Head Coaches for the Jersey Express for the 2015 season, general manager Gali Maimon announced this week.
Florida State claimed its first NCAA Women’s Soccer Championship as the LA Blues’ Jamia Fields scored the game-winning goal in a 1-0 win against Virginia on Sunday afternoon at FAU Stadium. Fields’ finish from just outside the penalty lifted her side to victory, while the Seminoles’ defense recorded its sixth consecutive shutout to complete the tournament without conceding a goal.
Former Ventura County Fusion standout Gyasi Zardes became the first Homegrown Player to score in the MLS Cup Final, and Robbie Keane scored the winner in extra time, as the LA Galaxy became the first side in MLS history to claim a fifth championship on Sunday at the StubHub Center.
The Rochester Rhinos are pleased to announce the return of 10 players from the 2014 roster. The Rhinos exercised the contract extension options on a core group of players who were successful for Bob Lilley and the Rhinos in 2014. The 2015 season sees the return of goalkeepers John McCarthy and Brandon Miller; defenders Tony Walls, Onua Obasi, Babacar Diallo, and Pat McMahon; midfielders Jonny Mendoza and Michael Garzi; and forwards Colin Rolfe and Alex Dixon.
The OKC County Health Department unanimously approved a letter of intent with OKC Energy FC for OCCHD to build a multi-field training facility on the grounds of the Northeast Regional Health and Wellness Campus in Oklahoma City. “This is a fantastic opportunity for Energy FC to further extend its reach into the fabric of Oklahoma City,” said Energy FC General Manager Jason Hawkins. “Soccer is a great sport to expand the health and wellness of its participants."
The PDL is pleased to announce the addition of Burlingame Dragons FC, with the Northern California-based team the fourth new team joining for the 2015 season. Burlingame Dragons FC is owned by Nick Swinmurn, founder of Zappos.com and a minority investor in the NBA’s Golden State Warriors, and David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, and has entered into a partnership with the two-time Major League Soccer champion San Jose Earthquakes.
Wilmington Hammerheads FC officially announced today that midfielder/defender Tom Parratt has agreed to a two-year deal with the club and will be returning to the roster for the 2015 USL PRO regular season. “I could not be happier to sign with Wilmington again,” said Parratt. “It is my home now, and I am lucky every time I get to put on the Hammerheads shirt and play in front of our fantastic fans and community. Soccer in this town at every level is going in the right direction and I am excited to be a part of it.”
The 2014 United Soccer Leagues Annual General Meeting (AGM) got underway Wednesday as the first meetings of the four-day event kicked off at the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa. The proceedings will ramp up Thursday and Friday as USL’s more than 100 franchises, league partners and soccer executives from throughout the world travel to Clearwater Beach, Florida for the annual event.
The 2015 MLS Expansion Draft took place on Wednesday afternoon as the league’s expansion clubs, Orlando City SC and New York City FC, selected a number of players from current MLS rosters to help build their squads for the 2015 season. A trio of former USL PRO players were among those selected in the 10-round draft.
It’s a job that Andrew Opatkiewicz has been working toward for most of his professional life. Now as the General Manager of S2, the Seattle Sounders’ new entry into USL PRO in 2015, Opatkiewicz is eager to put everything he’s learned into practice. “It’s a bit of a dream for me,” Opatkiewicz said by phone recently.
The 2014 NCAA Men’s College Cup kicks off this Friday at WakeMed Soccer Park, as a pair of teams try to complete Cinderella runs to the championship game against storied rivals on Friday night. Current and former PDL players are set to feature prominently for all four sides, as they sit two victories from a national championship.
Mississippi Brilla FC announced today that Mark McKeever has been appointed the Head Coach of the PDL team. Mississippi Brilla will enter its ninth season in the league with its fourth head coach. McKeever replaces Drew Courtney after two seasons. Courtney elected to step away from the PDL to focus on his new coaching position at Bryan College.
MLS unveiled its list of 55 NCAA Division I college seniors who have been invited to the 2015 MLS Player Combine, and the PDL will once again be represented by a substantial number of invitees. A total of 41 players invited to the MLS Combine have playing experience in the PDL in recent seasons.
United Soccer Leagues honored its outstanding teams and executives Friday night at the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa as it hosted its annual Hall of Fame & Awards Dinner. The event honored those who have helped USL continue its role as the largest organization of elite-level soccer leagues in North America.
Reading United AC standout Darius Madison had the only goal as the No. 16-seed University of Virginia ended the dream run of UMBC with a 1-0 victory in the semifinals of the NCAA Men’s Division I Tournament on Friday night at WakeMed Field.
The Northern Virginia Royals’ Calle Brown was name the College Cup Most Valuable Defensive Player as the University of Virginia claimed its seventh national championship by defeating UCLA 4-2 in a penalty shootout after the two teams played to a 0-0 draw on Sunday at WakeMed Sports Park.
The Cal Expo Board of Directors unanimously approved a proposal from Ovations Fanfare, in conjunction with Sacramento Republic FC, to expand seating at Bonney Field from the current 8,000 seats to between approximately 10,500 to 11,500 seats for the 2015 season (Final seating capacity will depend on further evaluation from the bleacher manufacturer). Expansion includes new seats, along with the re-configuration of some existing seats.
Arizona United Soccer Club – the state’s only professional soccer team playing in USL PRO – will play in Scottsdale Stadium beginning in April 2015, the club announced today. “This is the next step in professional soccer’s evolution in Arizona,” Arizona United Soccer Club owner Kyle Eng said. “Our mission is to serve the entire Arizona soccer community, and this move will bring the beautiful game to a wider audience.”
Sacramento Republic FC announced the creation of a Club Partnerships Department to further enhance its relationships with adult and youth soccer clubs and support the growth of the sport in the region. Director of Club Partnerships, Sean Morrison, will lead the new department.
The Pittsburgh Riverhounds Professional Soccer Club announced today the hiring of new President Richard Nightingale and Head Coach Mark Steffens. Nightingale, whose background includes brand and commercial leadership in the sports industry, will begin his role as president immediately. He will oversee operations of both the Pittsburgh Riverhounds and Highmark Stadium.