- RSS Channel Showcase 7277077
- RSS Channel Showcase 7672729
- RSS Channel Showcase 2941586
- RSS Channel Showcase 2664002
Articles on this Page
- 10/11/14--10:26: _Thierjung Lifts Cal...
- 10/13/14--10:58: _Lane United Charity...
- 10/13/14--12:16: _Seminoles Get Big W...
- 10/14/14--14:54: _Terrapins Trounce N...
- 10/13/14--10:31: _Yomby Re-Signs With...
- 10/13/14--16:43: _Republic FC Laid Fo...
- 10/14/14--13:58: _Arnold Happy With H...
- 10/14/14--14:51: _Timbers Announce US...
- 10/14/14--17:55: _Sounders Unveil USL...
- 10/14/14--16:14: _Portland & Seattle ...
- 10/15/14--12:46: _Mfeka Leads Weekly ...
- 10/15/14--14:48: _W-League Dominates ...
- 10/15/14--14:38: _United States Opens...
- 10/16/14--12:53: _United States Gets ...
- 10/16/14--16:59: _Cavaliers Ready For...
- 10/16/14--14:40: _Hoyas, Gators, Face...
- 10/16/14--17:11: _Galaxy II Head For ...
- 10/16/14--16:29: _Gleeson Called Up B...
- 10/17/14--09:32: _Charlotte Announces...
- 10/17/14--14:21: _U.S. Aims To Improv...
- 10/11/14--10:26: Thierjung Lifts Cal Past UCLA
- 10/13/14--10:58: Lane United Charity Event A Hit
- 10/13/14--12:16: Seminoles Get Big Win Against Hokies
- 10/14/14--14:54: Terrapins Trounce Nittany Lions
- 10/13/14--10:31: Yomby Re-Signs With Richmond
- 10/13/14--16:43: Republic FC Laid Foundation With Fusion
- 10/14/14--13:58: Arnold Happy With Hammers' Progress
- 10/14/14--14:51: Timbers Announce USL PRO Team
- 10/14/14--17:55: Sounders Unveil USL PRO Team
- 10/14/14--16:14: Portland & Seattle Launch USL PRO Teams
- 10/15/14--12:46: Mfeka Leads Weekly Award Winners
- 10/15/14--14:48: W-League Dominates AAC Honors
- 10/15/14--14:38: United States Opens Against T&T
- 10/16/14--12:53: United States Gets Past T&T
- 10/16/14--16:59: Cavaliers Ready For Clash With Tigers
- 10/16/14--14:40: Hoyas, Gators, Face Key Games
- 10/16/14--17:11: Galaxy II Head For Exhibition in Colorado
- 10/16/14--16:29: Gleeson Called Up By New Zealand
- 10/17/14--09:32: Charlotte Announces Behrman As COO
- 10/17/14--14:21: U.S. Aims To Improve vs. Guatemala
OC Pateadores Blues forward Christian Thierjung scored the overtime winner as No. 22 California took a thrilling 3-2 victory against No. 2 UCLA in a big Pac-12 matchup on Friday evening at Edwards Stadium. Thierjung’s sixth goal of the season arrived in the 99th minute as he earned his side its first conference win of the season.
Lane United FC's inaugural charity soccer-golf tournament, the Oakshire Cup, was held on August 30 and was able to raise over $1,000 for the Eugene-based nonprofit Kidsports, the club announced earlier this week. The event, which was held onthe ShortRidge soccer-golf course at the RiverRidge complex in north Eugene, drew 72 participants, according to Dave Galas, Lane United's managing director.
Seattle Sounders Women midfielder Marta Bakowska-Mathews was on target as No. 2 Florida State took a 2-1 victory against No. 9 Virginia Tech at the FSU Soccer Complex on Sunday afternoon. The victory kept the Seminoles perfect in ACC play as they reeled off their sixth consecutive conference victory thanks to Dagny Brynjarsdottir’s late header.
Former Baltimore Bohemians midfielder Alex Shinsky had a goal and an assist as Maryland handed No. 3 Penn State its first defeat of the season with a 4-0 victory at Ludwig Field. The win was the Terrapins’ second consecutive and their second in Big Ten play as they stunned a Nittany Lions side that had taken four consecutive wins to start conference play.
The Richmond Kickers are pleased to announce that USL PRO Defender of the Year Finalist and All-League First Team defender William Yomby has signed a multi-year contract that will commence with the 2015 season. “We are delighted to re-sign Yomby to a long term contract,” said Leigh Cowlishaw, Richmond Kickers Director of Soccer.
If you were looking for the foundation that Sacramento Republic FC’s USL PRO Championship side was built on, you could certainly start by taking a trip down the California coast to Ventura, Calif. That is where, once upon a time, you would have found Rodrigo Lopez, Ivan Mirkovic, Mickey Daly and late-season addition James Kiffe all plying their trade with the PDL’s Ventura County Fusion, among others.
Before the season began, Wilmington Hammerheads General Manager Jason Arnold spoke of his aim to ‘re-ignite’ and ‘re-energize’ the historic club. One year in, he is certainly pleased with the direction the club is headed.
The Portland Timbers today announced that the club has formed Timbers 2 (to be referred to as T2), a professional team that will compete in USL PRO, a division of US Soccer below Major League Soccer. T2 will begin competing in USL PRO during the 2015 season and play their home games at Merlo Field on the campus of the University of Portland. The team will train at the club’s Timbers Training Center in Beaverton, Ore.
Seattle Sounders FC announced today the launch of Sounders FC 2, a USL PRO team that will begin operations in 2015 at Starfire Sports. The team, known as S2, will operate under the management of Sounders FC and the Sounders Community Trust, an unprecedented, fan-owned organization that will hold a 20-percent interest in the team.
The Portland Timbers and Seattle Sounders FC of Major League Soccer announced today that they will launch stand-alone USL PRO teams, Portland Timbers 2 and Seattle Sounders 2. “T2” and “S2”, as they will be known, become the seventh and eighth new franchises announced for the 2015 season. The Cascadia rivals will join the highly successful LA Galaxy II - who reached the 2014 USL PRO semifinals - as MLS-owned clubs in USL PRO, with more official announcements for the 2015 season expected in the coming weeks.
South Florida has made a strong start in the American Athletic Conference this season and moved into second place in the standings as the River City Rovers’ Lindo Mfeka had a pair of goals to lead the Bulls past Cincinnati on Saturday night. Mfeka’s performance earned the sophomore the AAC’s Offensive Player of the Week award, one of a number of current and former PDL players to be honored in Division I Men’s Soccer this past week.
W-League veterans swept three of the four weekly American Athletic Conference honors, as Laval Comets and current Memphis Tigers teammates Kylie Davis and Maryse Bard-Martel were named Offensive Player of the Week and Goalkeeper of the Week, while longtime Long Island Rough Rider defender Gabrielle Charno of UConn took Defensive Player of the Week to highlight the W-League and W-20 players recognized for their NCAA Division I performances last week.
The U.S. Women’s National Team begins its pursuit of a place at the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup on Wednesday night as it faces Trinidad & Tobago at Sporting Park in Kansas City, Kan. to open group play at the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship. All of the action can be seen live on Fox Sports 2 at 8:30 p.m. ET.
Former Rochester Ravens forward Abby Wambach had the only goal as the U.S. Women’s National Team earned a 1-0 victory against Trinidad & Tobago to open Group A play at the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship at Sporting Park on Wednesday night.
Key conference clashes in the ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12 highlight this weekend’s slate of games in NCAA Division I Men’s Soccer, with a number of contests featuring current and former PDL standouts set to air on national television and online. Top 15 sides Virginia, Indiana and UCLA all face important games against conference rivals as the road to the postseason continues.
A classic ACC rivalry and key games in the SEC and Big East highlight the weekend’s televised NCAA Division I Women’s Soccer action. Both No. 5 Florida and No. 6 North Carolina are set to feature W-League standouts as they look to maintain perfect conference records, while newly ranked Georgetown meets St. John’s with both teams sitting level on points in the Big East standings.
LA Galaxy II will participate in the COS Pro Soccer Kickoff held by 2015 USL PRO expansion club Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC. Los Dos will take on Arizona United SC on Saturday, Oct. 18 at Sand Creek Stadium in Colorado Springs, Colo. with kickoff set for 5 p.m. PT.
Portland Timbers goalkeeper Jake Gleeson has been named to the New Zealand National Team roster for a pair of international friendlies against China on Nov. 14 and Thailand on Nov. 18, it was announced today. The 24-year-old is coming off a strong season in USL PRO on loan with Sacramento Republic FC, where he was a finalist for the league's Goalkeeper of the Year award.
The Charlotte Independence of USL PRO today officially announced the hiring of Michael Behrman as Chief Operating Officer. Behrman, who also is an investor in the team, brings over 25 years of experience in finance, sports and entertainment operations, strategic planning and the capital markets to the Independence.
The United States Women’s National Team faces Guatemala in its second group game of the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship looking for greater sharpness in front of goal tonight at Toyota Park in Bridgeview, Ill. Former W-League players Abby Wambach and Alex Morgan combined for the only goal in a 1-0 victory against Trinidad & Tobago in their opening game of the tournament, which also serves as qualifying for the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Canada.