- RSS Channel Showcase 9497713
- RSS Channel Showcase 8754244
- RSS Channel Showcase 4011230
- RSS Channel Showcase 4096014
Articles on this Page
- 08/02/14--23:28: _Riverhounds Down Ga...
- 08/02/14--23:16: _Leichty's Goal Lift...
- 08/02/14--23:06: _Orlando City Clinch...
- 08/03/14--18:16: _Grinwis Shines As B...
- 08/03/14--16:01: _Bucks Claim 2014 PD...
- 08/04/14--11:59: _FIFA U20 World Cup ...
- 08/04/14--15:25: _PDL Alumni Set For ...
- 08/04/14--12:01: _USL PRO Executives ...
- 08/04/14--15:00: _Aztex Announce Dalg...
- 08/05/14--15:40: _PDL Alumni Named In...
- 08/05/14--13:31: _Spitz Named Player ...
- 08/06/14--09:21: _U.S., Canada Fall I...
- 08/06/14--14:27: _W-Leaguers Prominen...
- 08/06/14--22:29: _Ribeiro Leads City ...
- 08/07/14--11:48: _Dutch Lions Appoint...
- 08/07/14--10:16: _USL PRO -- Goals of...
- 08/07/14--13:37: _PDL Standouts On He...
- 08/07/14--16:15: _Hammerheads Add Tom...
- 08/07/14--12:16: _W-Leaguers On Herma...
- 08/07/14--16:27: _Orlando Signs Two F...
- 08/02/14--23:28: Riverhounds Down Galaxy II at Highmark
- 08/02/14--23:16: Leichty's Goal Lifts Energy FC
- 08/02/14--23:06: Orlando City Clinches Playoff Spot
- 08/03/14--18:16: Grinwis Shines As Bucks Take Title
- 08/03/14--16:01: Bucks Claim 2014 PDL Championship
- 08/04/14--11:59: FIFA U20 World Cup Kicks Off Tuesday
- 08/04/14--15:25: PDL Alumni Set For Homegrown Game
- 08/04/14--12:01: USL PRO Executives Headed to Portland
- 08/04/14--15:00: Aztex Announce Dalglish As Head Coach
- 08/05/14--15:40: PDL Alumni Named In TDS Best XI's
- 08/05/14--13:31: Spitz Named Player of the Week
- 08/06/14--09:21: U.S., Canada Fall In U20 Openers
- 08/06/14--14:27: W-Leaguers Prominent in TDS Best XIs
- 08/06/14--22:29: Ribeiro Leads City Islanders To Victory
- 08/07/14--11:48: Dutch Lions Appoint Weston As Coach
- 08/07/14--10:16: USL PRO -- Goals of the Month, July
- 08/07/14--13:37: PDL Standouts On Hermann Watch List
- 08/07/14--16:15: Hammerheads Add Tomaselli To Squad
- 08/07/14--12:16: W-Leaguers On Hermann Watch List
- 08/07/14--16:27: Orlando Signs Two From Benfica U19s
After conceding an early goal the Pittsburgh Riverhounds responded with a commanding performance, defeating the LA Galaxy II 3-1 at Highmark Stadium on Saturday night to remain in the hunt for a USL PRO playoff berth. Trailing 1-0, and with their leading scorer, Jose Angulo, out of the lineup nursing a high ankle sprain, Joseph Ngwenya, Danny Earls and Kevin Kerr tallied goals to help the Riverhounds earn their fifth win in their past seven matches.
David Leichty netted his first professional goal as OKC Energy FC defeated Orange County Blues FC 1-0 in front of 3,351 fans Saturday night at Pribil Stadium. After more than 88 minutes of scoreless play, Leichty gave Energy FC a decisive 1-0 lead when he corralled a failed clearing attempt by the Blues off a corner kick by OKC’s Abraham Villon and sent a shot to the low right corner of the Orange County net that skidded past diving Blues keeper Aaron Perez.
Orlando City SC clinched a playoff berth for the fourth consecutive year Saturday evening, defeating the Charlotte Eagles 4-1 at ESPN Wide World of Sports. The win extended City’s home unbeaten streak in USL PRO play to 16 while maintaining OCSC’s lead at four points in league standings.
In 2012, the Michigan Bucks Adam Grinwis had a standout season. The young goalkeeper posted a 0.444 goals against-average, and had shutouts in more than half his starts as the club claimed the PDL’s regular-season championship, and he was named Goalkeeper of the Year.
The Michigan Bucks claimed their second PDL Championship as a second-half goal by Tom Owens earned his side a 1-0 victory against the Kitsap Pumas in the 2014 PDL Championship Game presented by Nike at Ultimate Soccer Arenas on Sunday afternoon.
The 2014 FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup kicks off on Tuesday with both the host Canada and the United States in action on the tournament’s opening day. Current and former W-League standouts will feature for both nations as they aim to get their tournaments off to a strong start.
Some of the top PDL players from recent seasons will be on show on Monday night as they participate in the inaugural Chipotle MLS Homegrown Game at Providence Park. Current MLS Rookie of the Year frontrunner Harry Shipp of the Chicago Fire leads a contingent of six league alumni against the Portland Timbers U-23s (10 p.m. ET, ESPN3.com).
USL PRO is welcoming owners and executives from its 14 current and five announced 2015 expansion teams to Portland, Oregon this week for its midseason Board of Governors meetings in conjunction with the 2014 MLS All-Star Game. USL PRO league executives and clubs will meet Tuesday and Wednesday to discuss long-term strategic planning focused on operations, growth and expansion.
The Austin Aztex announced today they have come to an agreement with Paul Dalglish as head coach and technical director of the team. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not announced. Dalglish, age 37, served as assistant coach under Jeff Cassar at Major League Soccer’s Real Salt Lake during their 2014 campaign and will begin his role with the Aztex starting mid-August.
TopDrawerSoccer.com unveiled its preseason NCAA Division I Best XI teams on Monday, with PDL alumni making up two-thirds of the players selected to the three teams. Seven members of the TDS First Team previously competed in the PDL, including U.S. U23 international Jordan Morris of the Sounders FC U-23.
USL PRO named its Team of the Week for Week 20 of the 2014 season on Tuesday as Richmond Kickers midfielder Shay Spitz was named Player of the Week. Spitz had a goal and two assists to help lead the Kickers past Wilmington Hammerheads FC on Friday night at Legion Stadium.
The United States and Canada U20 Women’s National Teams both got off to disappointing starts at the FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup on Tuesday, as both suffered defeats in their opening games of group play. A pair of second-half goals sent Germany to a 2-0 victory against the U.S. in a rematch of the 2012 championship game, while host Canada was unable to rebound from an early goal by Ghana in a 1-0 defeat.
W-League talent is front and center on the TopDrawerSoccer.com preseason NCAA Division I Best XI teams that were announced this week, as nine of the 11 first-team selections and 16 of 33 total honorees are W-League alums.
Pedro Ribeiro had a pair of goals as the Harrisburg City Islanders took a 3-1 victory against the New York Red Bulls Reserves in an interleague contest at Skyline Sports Complex on Wednesday night. The victory was the City Islanders third in a row, and moved them ahead of OKC Energy FC into sixth place in the USL PRO standings.
Dayton Dutch Lions FC is happy to announce Matthew Weston as the new Head Coach for the organization's USL PRO side. Weston led his first session on Wednesday, and will be on the bench for the first time this weekend when the team travels to face the Charleston Battery and Wilmington Hammerheads.
The best 10 goals from the month of July have been selected, watch the video and vote on your favorite. Polls close Monday, August 10 at 1 p.m. ET.
The 2014 MAC Hermann Trophy watch list was announced on Wednesday as 22 current and former PDL standouts were named as preseason contenders for the most prestigious award in NCAA Division I Men’s Soccer. Leading the way are a pair of last year’s semifinalists in the Ventura County Fusion’s Laurie Bell (Wisconsin-Milwaukee) and OC Pateadores Blues’ Leo Stolz (UCLA), both of who return to try and add to stellar 2013 college seasons.
Wilmington Hammerheads FC announced today the addition of midfielder Ross Tomaselli to the squad for the remainder of the 2014 USL PRO regular season. Tomaselli found minutes with the Hammerheads as he took the field during a friendly match against Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC earlier in the season.
The watch list for the 2014 MAC Hermann Trophy was unveiled on Wednesday afternoon, with a large contingent of W-League standouts named as a potential winner of the most prestigious award in NCAA Division I Women’s Soccer.
Orlando City Soccer Club announced today that the club has signed 19-year-old Rafael Ramos and 18-year-old Valdomiro Lameira to multi-year deals. Ramos and Lameira, better known as “Estrela,” will join City for the remainder of the 2014 USL PRO season before transitioning with the club to Major League Soccer. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not announced.