- RSS Channel Showcase 7836415
- RSS Channel Showcase 5632358
- RSS Channel Showcase 6687936
- RSS Channel Showcase 3260885
Articles on this Page
- 07/26/14--12:15: _Blues Look To Rebou...
- 07/26/14--12:24: _Phantoms Set For Ea...
- 07/26/14--16:19: _W-20 Championship D...
- 07/26/14--12:14: _Kickers Play Host T...
- 07/26/14--18:51: _W-League Awards Win...
- 07/27/14--00:38: _Kelly Leads Charles...
- 07/27/14--00:39: _Kickers Get Past Ci...
- 07/27/14--01:56: _Kitsap Defeats Tucs...
- 07/27/14--00:23: _Bucks Claim Central...
- 07/27/14--09:21: _Republic FC Welcome...
- 07/27/14--13:33: _Michigan PDA Takes ...
- 07/27/14--19:47: _Rhinos End Lions' U...
- 07/27/14--17:29: _Blues Capture 4th W...
- 07/28/14--03:35: _Republic FC Too Muc...
- 07/28/14--03:26: _Express Sweep To Ea...
- 07/28/14--03:54: _Stampede End Aztex'...
- 07/28/14--17:03: _Kickers Welcome Cry...
- 07/28/14--13:17: _Michigan to Host PD...
- 07/28/14--15:20: _Battery Take Victor...
- 07/28/14--16:53: _PDL All-Conference ...
- 07/26/14--12:15: Blues Look To Rebound Against Galaxy II
- 07/26/14--12:24: Phantoms Set For Eastern Semifinals
- 07/26/14--16:19: W-20 Championship Day 3
- 07/26/14--12:14: Kickers Play Host To City Islanders
- 07/26/14--18:51: W-League Awards Winners Honored
- 07/27/14--00:38: Kelly Leads Charleston Past Arizona
- 07/27/14--00:39: Kickers Get Past City Islanders
- 07/27/14--01:56: Kitsap Defeats Tucson In Western Final
- 07/27/14--00:23: Bucks Claim Central Conference Title
- 07/27/14--09:21: Republic FC Welcomes Riverhounds
- 07/27/14--13:33: Michigan PDA Takes W-20 Title
- 07/27/14--19:47: Rhinos End Lions' Undefeated Season
- 07/27/14--17:29: Blues Capture 4th W-League Title
- 07/28/14--03:35: Republic FC Too Much For Riverhounds
- 07/28/14--03:26: Express Sweep To Eastern Crown
- 07/28/14--03:54: Stampede End Aztex's Championship Bid
- 07/28/14--17:03: Kickers Welcome Crystal Palace
- 07/28/14--13:17: Michigan to Host PDL Championship
- 07/28/14--15:20: Battery Take Victory In Montreal
- 07/28/14--16:53: PDL All-Conference Teams Announced
Orange County Blues FC is set to face their rival, the LA Galaxy II, for the final time in the 2014 USL PRO regular season. The Galaxy II will cross the Orange Curtain this Saturday night, with kickoff set for 7 p.m. PT at University of California Irvine’s Anteater Stadium.
The Seacoast United Phantoms head to the PDL's Eastern Conference Championships this weekend after having clinched the Northeast Division title last Saturday with a 3-1 victory over GPS Portland Phoenix. The Phantoms finished the regular season with a record of 11-1-2, tied for second-best in the PDL, and will face the West Virginia Chaos in Saturday evening's semifinal at 7:30 p.m. ET at Lubetkin Field in Newark, N.J.
In a preview of Sunday's final, the Grand Rapids Crew Juniors defeated Michigan PDA 2-1 Saturday at the W-20 Championship presented by Nike. Grand Rapids finished group play at 3-0-0 and PDA finished 2-1-0, with both advancing to Sunday's final at 9 a.m. at IMG Academy Stadium.
The Richmond Kickers (10-1-9, 39 points) return to City Stadium this Saturday, July 26 to host Craft Beer Night and the Harrisburg City Islanders (5-7-6, 21 points) at 7 p.m. ET. More than 20 craft beers and ciders will be available on tap when the gates open at 5 p.m., featuring brewing companies such as SweetWater, Shiner, Boulevard, Foothills, Lonerider, Lost Rhino, Smartmouth and Wild Wolf, as well as small batch selections from Sam Adams and Sierra Nevada.
The W-League announced its 2014 regular season honors tonight, naming the Most Valuable Player, Rookie of the Year, Defender of the Year, Goalkeeper of the Year and Coach of the Year at its Awards Banquet at the 2014 W-League Championship presented by Nike in Bradenton, Florida. Voting was conducted by W-League coaches and general managers.
Dane Kelly scored two first-half goals to lift the Charleston Battery to a 2-0 victory against Arizona United SC at Blackbaud Stadium in front of a crowd of 4,464 on Saturday night. “We got our win here (at home),” said head coach Mike Anhaeuser. “We want to win the rest of our games at home and make a push for the playoffs. You've got to commend the players. They did their job tonight.”
The Richmond Kickers took all three points on Saturday night by defeating the visiting Harrisburg City Islanders 2-1. A penalty from Luke Vercollone, and a long free kick from Sascha Görres, were enough to see the Kickers through despite a late goal from Matt Bahner.
FC Tucson captain, Ricardo Velazco, winced in pain as two team physicians carried him around the perimeter of the field at the end of the match, his legs dangling above the grass. His season over. The 2014 season for FC Tucson also came to a bruised and battered end following a 3-0 loss to the Kitsap Pumas in the Western Conference Final on Saturday night at the Kino Sports Complex.
History repeated itself – just not in the way the Des Moines Menace had hoped. The Michigan Bucks once again got the upper hand in a playoff battle between the PDL’s most accomplished franchises. With a 2-0 victory on Saturday night at Valley Stadium, the Bucks improved to 5-1 against the Menace in the postseason and booked their place at the 2014 PDL Championship as they claimed the Central Conference Championship.
Sacramento Republic FC will host the Pittsburgh Riverhounds on Sunday night at 7 p.m. PT at Bonney Field. The match is anticipated to sell out, which would place Republic FC at the top of USL PRO single-season attendance records. Republic FC needs a match attendance tomorrow of 2,641 to break the current record of 112,748 set by Orlando City SC in 2013.
Michigan PDA and the Grand Rapids Crew Juniors took 120 minutes to separate themselves in the 2014 W-20 Championship presented by Nike final at IMG Academy Stadium. Michigan PDA took the honors with a 4-3 win courtesy of an Ashley Henderson goal as time expired in the second half of extra-time.
The Rochester Rhinos claimed a 1-0 victory against Orlando City to hand the Lions their first loss of the season in of 8,378 fans at Sahlen's Stadium on Sunday evening. Colin Rolfe scored the game-winning goal in the first half off an assist from Levi Houapeu,while rookie goalkeeper John McCarthy kept his eighth clean sheet of the season. The victory was Rochester's first against Orlando in 10 tries in USL PRO play.
Sarah Killion had a goal and two assists and Katherine Stengel scored twice as the LA Blues captured the title at the 2014 W-League Championship presented by Nike with a 6-1 win against the Washington Spirit Reserves at IMG Academy Stadium. Killion, a senior at UCLA and a member of the US U23 Women’s National Team, was named W-League Championship MVP as the Blues captured their fourth title in seven seasons.
Sacramento Republic FC took a 5-0 victory against the Pittsburgh Riverhounds behind braces from Thomas Stewart and Rodrigo Lopez and a clean sheet from goalkeeper Jake Gleeson on Sunday night at Bonney Field. With a sellout crowd of 8,000, Republic FC broke the USL PRO single-season attendance record. Republic FC’s 118,107 season attendance surpassed the previous record of 112,748 which was set by Orlando City SC in 2013.
Before the PDL Eastern Conference Final, Laurent Manuel told teammate Kene Eze to be ready and get open whenever he took the ball down the right side on the attack. Early in Sunday's second half, Manuel made his move, and Eze made sure he got open. Their combination resulted in a conference championship for the Jersey Express and a berth at the 2014 PDL Championship.
The Austin Aztex's title defense came to an end Saturday evening when they lost 2-0 to the Ocala Stampede in the PDL Southern Conference Championship in front of 2,228 fans at House Park.
The Richmond Kickers are pleased to host Crystal Palace of the world famous Barclay’s Premier League in an international exhibition at City Stadium this Monday, July 28. The historic match marks the first-time ever a team from England’s top flight will appear in Virginia. Gates open at 5:30 p.m., kickoff is slated for 7:00 p.m. and a sell out is expected. General Admission tickets are $30 and are on sale at RichmondKickers.com.
The Michigan Bucks were announced as the host for the 2014 PDL Championship presented by Nike as the Central Conference Champions will welcome the Jersey Express, Kitsap Pumas and Ocala Stampede to the Ultimate Soccer Arenas this weekend, August 1-3.
Quinton Griffith's pace earned the free kick, Jarad van Schaik put it deftly into the penalty area, and Colin Falvey's header in the 20th minute made the difference for Charleston Battery as the visitors took three precious points with a 1-0 victory against the Montreal Impact Reserves on Monday morning at the Stade Claude-Robillard.
The PDL announced its 2014 All-Conference Teams on Monday, with nine players set to compete at this weekend’s 2014 PDL Championship presented by Nike among the 44 players honored for their performances this season. The 2014 PDL All-Conference Teams were selected through a vote of team management.