- RSS Channel Showcase 9240795
- RSS Channel Showcase 1116664
- RSS Channel Showcase 7401315
- RSS Channel Showcase 9897297
Articles on this Page
- 07/17/14--16:30: _Energy FC Ready To ...
- 07/17/14--16:29: _Sacramento Set For ...
- 07/17/14--18:32: _Jersey's Eze Named ...
- 07/18/14--00:36: _Riverhounds Take Vi...
- 07/17/14--20:01: _Super-20 Finals Kic...
- 07/18/14--01:47: _Sacramento, Orlando...
- 07/18/14--08:43: _Switchbacks Break G...
- 07/18/14--08:45: _W-League Newcomers ...
- 07/18/14--11:04: _Menace Aim For Regu...
- 07/18/14--19:15: _Washington Hosts NE...
- 07/18/14--19:17: _Super-20 Finals Day 2
- 07/18/14--22:42: _Harrisburg, Wilming...
- 07/19/14--07:00: _Menace Sweep Past W...
- 07/19/14--15:17: _Blues Host Pride Fo...
- 07/19/14--12:37: _Charlotte Prepared ...
- 07/19/14--22:54: _Hamilton Lifts Hamm...
- 07/19/14--18:16: _Super-20 Finals Day 3
- 07/19/14--22:00: _Yeisley Leads Kicke...
- 07/20/14--01:22: _Tucson Into Western...
- 07/19/14--23:28: _Galaxy II End Energ...
- 07/17/14--16:30: Energy FC Ready To Host United
- 07/17/14--16:29: Sacramento Set For Orlando's Visit
- 07/17/14--18:32: Jersey's Eze Named Player of the Week
- 07/18/14--00:36: Riverhounds Take Victory Against Eagles
- 07/17/14--20:01: Super-20 Finals Kick Off at IMG
- 07/18/14--01:47: Sacramento, Orlando Finish Scoreless
- 07/18/14--08:43: Switchbacks Break Ground At Sand Creek
- 07/18/14--08:45: W-League Newcomers Make Presence Felt
- 07/18/14--11:04: Menace Aim For Regular-Season Title
- 07/18/14--19:15: Washington Hosts NE Title Match
- 07/18/14--19:17: Super-20 Finals Day 2
- 07/18/14--22:42: Harrisburg, Wilmington Finish Level
- 07/19/14--07:00: Menace Sweep Past Winnipeg
- 07/19/14--15:17: Blues Host Pride For Conference Title
- 07/19/14--12:37: Charlotte Prepared for Texans
- 07/19/14--22:54: Hamilton Lifts Hammerheads Past Rhinos
- 07/19/14--18:16: Super-20 Finals Day 3
- 07/19/14--22:00: Yeisley Leads Kickers Past Battery
- 07/20/14--01:22: Tucson Into Western Semifinals
- 07/19/14--23:28: Galaxy II End Energy's Undefeated Run
OKC Energy FC hosts Arizona United SC on Thursday evening at 7 p.m. CT at Pribil Stadium. Tickets are available for purchase online at www.EnergyFC.com and at the Bishop McGuinness box office beginning at 1 p.m. CT on Thursday afternoon. The game airs live via YouTube Live and can be heard locally on 96.1 FM KXY.
Sacramento Republic FC (10-6-2) will host Orlando City SC (14-0-3) on Thursday night. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. at Bonney Field. The match will be Republic FC’s first Salute to Military Night. The matchup will be the first and only time the two sides will meet in the regular season.
The PDL announced its Team of the Week for the 11th week of the 2014 season on Thursday, with Jersey Express forward Kene Eze named Player of the Week. Eze had four goals in two games as the Express moved top of the Mid Atlantic Division with big victories against NJ LUSO Parma and F.A. Euro.
The Pittsburgh Riverhounds won for the third time in their last four games as they defeated the Charlotte Eagles 2-0 on Thursday evening at Highmark Stadium on the strength of second-half goals by Kevin Kerr and Jose Angulo. Joseph Ngwenya assisted on both goals with identical crosses from the right side, as the Riverhounds earned their fourth victory of the year and kept their playoff hopes alive.
The Grand Rapids Crew Juniors took a 2-1 victory against the Brownsville Bravos Academy FC on the opening day of the Super-20 League North American Finals presented by Nike at IMG Academy. Esteban Russell and Andrew Lewis found the back of the net to lead the Crew to victory after a strong second half in windy conditions.
Sacramento Republic FC and Orlando City SC play to a 0-0 draw on Thursday night at Bonney Field despite Republic FC playing down a man for the final 11 minutes of the match. The match was the first scoreless draw for both sides this season. Orlando and Republic FC both created early scoring chances but neither was able to take the lead. Republic FC could not capitalize on three early corner kicks, while the Lions' best chance found the back of the net but was disallowed after an offside call.
The Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC and the City of Colorado Springs broke ground at Sand Creek Stadium today commemorating the second time that the pitch hosted such a ceremony. In 1985, the US Soccer Federation, the US Olympic Committee, and the City of Colorado Springs broke ground at the same site to celebrate the building of a facility that was intended to host US National matches and the first field of a larger sports complex master plan. Almost 30 years later, the facility is finally on its way towards completion.
When the season began, the Gulf Coast Texans, Colorado Pride and Braddock Road Stars Elite were new faces to the W-League, hopeful of success at their new, higher level of competition.
The 2014 PDL Playoffs roll into Des Moines next week, and the Des Moines Menace have the chance to secure the league’s best record heading into the postseason. The recently crowned Heartland Division and Central Conference champs can seal the PDL regular-season championship this weekend with two wins against WSA Winnipeg (2-8-2) at Valley Stadium. Friday’s and Saturday’s games kick off at 7:30 p.m.
The Washington Spirit Reserves will host the Braddock Road Stars Elite in the Northeastern Conference Championship at 7 p.m. Friday at the Maryland SoccerPlex. The winner will advance to the 2014 W-League Championship presented by Nike, set for July 25-27 at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida.
Two early goals propelled Tampa Bay United to its second victory in as many games as it moved into first position in the National Division at the Super-20 League North American Finals presented by Nike with a 6-1 win against the Toronto Lynx Jrs. on Friday at IMG Academy. Brett Durrance scored twice as United set up a showdown with Triangle FC for a place in Sunday’s final.
The Harrisburg City Islanders played the Wilmington Hammerheads FC to a 0-0 draw at Skyline Sports Complex on Friday night in front of 2,518. Wilmington's Quillan Roberts and Harrisburg's Nick Noble both performed well as the Hammerheads took a point to move back into a tie for seventh in the league standings.
Chris Hellmann added to his team-leading totals, four players scored their first goals in a Des Moines Menace uniform, and a 5-0 victory against WSA Winnipeg on Friday night at Valley Stadium stretched the Menace’s unbeaten streak to nine. The 11-1-1 Menace can clinch the PDL’s regular-season championship with a victory in Saturday night's 7:30 p.m. CT rematch.
The LA Blues (12-0-0) will host the Colorado Pride (9-2-1) at 7:30 p.m. PT Saturday at Occidental College to decide the Western Conference champion. The winner will advance to the W-League Championship presented by Nike, featuring all four conference champions in a battle for the national title July 25-27 at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida.
The Charlotte Lady Eagles will host the Gulf Coast Texans Saturday in the Southeastern Conference Championship, hoping to earn a spot at the 2014 W-League Championship in Bradenton, Florida. Charlotte and Gulf Coast finished with identical 5-1-4 records during the regular season, and a tight matchup is expected at the Queens College Soccer Complex.
The Wilmington Hammerheads took a 1-0 victory against the Rochester Rhinos at Sahlen's Stadium on Saturday night. Wilmington's Jordan Hamilton, a loanee from the Hammerheads' MLS affiliate Toronto FC, scored the only goal of the match in the 77th minute, while Hammerheads goalkeeper Quillan Roberts kept the clean sheet for the visitors.
Tampa Bay United claimed a berth in the Super-20 League Finals Championship Game with a 1-0 victory against Triangle FC on Saturday morning at IMG Academy. Blake Wilson scored the only goal as Tampa Bay took its third win out of three to finish atop the National Division.
A goal and an assist from Jason Yeisley led the Richmond Kickers to a 4-0 victory against the Charleston Battery on Saturday night at City Stadium, highlighting their 50th meeting between the longtime rivals. George Davis IV also had a goal and assist, while Matt Delicate scored his league-leading 13th goal of the season.
With FC Tucson moments away from winning its first-ever playoff match — two minutes into a four-minute stoppage time — defender Austin Ledbetter was whistled for a foul in the penalty area. The Los Angeles Misioneros had a potential game-tying penalty kick. And head coach Rick Schantz, who normally can’t even watch PKs from the bench, felt unusually calm.
Raul Mendiola scored the match’s lone goal as LA Galaxy II ended OKC Energy FC’s unbeaten streak at eight games with a 1-0 victory in front of a season-high sold-out crowd of 4,102 on Saturday night at Pribil Stadium.