- RSS Channel Showcase 7198655
- RSS Channel Showcase 7806095
- RSS Channel Showcase 4148495
- RSS Channel Showcase 8819758
Articles on this Page
- 07/12/14--22:55: _Lions Get Past Hamm...
- 07/13/14--01:32: _Menace Clinch Heart...
- 07/12/14--22:26: _Delicate Leads Kick...
- 07/12/14--22:28: _Lady Eagles Punch P...
- 07/13/14--08:08: _Heat Defeat Brilla,...
- 07/13/14--14:54: _W-League Playoffs T...
- 07/14/14--12:38: _Late Goal Lifts Hig...
- 07/14/14--17:30: _Dwyer Lights Up Imp...
- 07/14/14--21:51: _Stewart Leads Repub...
- 07/15/14--08:50: _Timbers U-23s, Cros...
- 07/15/14--13:09: _King's Warriors Rea...
- 07/15/14--14:55: _Cuevas Returns To C...
- 07/15/14--11:42: _K-W United Hosts 1s...
- 07/15/14--13:38: _Delicate Named Play...
- 07/15/14--13:44: _W-League Season Hon...
- 07/16/14--10:08: _King's Warriors Gra...
- 07/17/14--01:48: _Canada Names U-20 W...
- 07/17/14--01:53: _Wilmington's Jane C...
- 07/16/14--13:38: _Pride�s Logarzo Nam...
- 07/17/14--01:51: _Whitecaps U-23 Adva...
- 07/12/14--22:55: Lions Get Past Hammerheads
- 07/13/14--01:32: Menace Clinch Heartland Division Title
- 07/12/14--22:26: Delicate Leads Kickers Past Sacramento
- 07/12/14--22:28: Lady Eagles Punch Playoff Ticket
- 07/13/14--08:08: Heat Defeat Brilla, Boost Playoff Hopes
- 07/13/14--14:54: W-League Playoffs Take Shape
- 07/14/14--12:38: Late Goal Lifts Highlanders
- 07/14/14--17:30: Dwyer Lights Up Impact, Again
- 07/14/14--21:51: Stewart Leads Republic FC Past Eagles
- 07/15/14--08:50: Timbers U-23s, Crossfire Finish Level
- 07/15/14--13:09: King's Warriors Ready For Dynamo
- 07/15/14--14:55: Cuevas Returns To Charleston
- 07/15/14--11:42: K-W United Hosts 1st Playoff Game
- 07/15/14--13:38: Delicate Named Player of the Week
- 07/15/14--13:44: W-League Season Honors Announced
- 07/16/14--10:08: King's Warriors Grab Late Equalizer
- 07/17/14--01:48: Canada Names U-20 World Cup Squad
- 07/17/14--01:53: Wilmington's Jane Called Up By Lesotho
- 07/16/14--13:38: Pride�s Logarzo Named Player of the Week
- 07/17/14--01:51: Whitecaps U-23 Advance vs. Highlanders
Continuing its impressive 2014 USL PRO unbeaten run, Orlando City SC (14-0-3, 45 points) defeated the Wilmington Hammerheads 2-0 at ESPN Wide World of Sports on Saturday night. Dennis Chin and Anthony Pulis both scored for Orlando as the Lions extend their unbeaten run to 17 consecutive matches.
The Des Moines Menace accomplished what they needed, but not what they wanted. After they rallied for a 1-1 draw with the St. Louis Lions, the Menace clinched the PDL’s Heartland Division title at Valley Stadium on Saturday night.
Matthew Delicâte’s two second-half goals led the Richmond Kickers to a 2-1 victory against Sacramento Republic FC on Saturday night at City Stadium. Delicâte’s 11th and 12th goals on the season are good enough to move him into a tie for the USL PRO-lead in goals.
In a must-win game against the Carolina Elite Cobras, the Charlotte Lady Eagles took a 2-1 victory Saturday night, pushing them into a Southeastern Conference title game matchup against the Gulf Coast Texans.
The Laredo Heat closed their 2014 home schedule on Saturday night with a touch of first-half flair as they defeated the Mississippi Brilla 2-0 at the Texas A&M International University Soccer Complex. With the victory, the Heat re-enter the Mid-South Division’s postseason qualification position, holding the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Midland-Odessa Sockers with each team facing the Houston Dutch Lions in their respective season finales.
The W-League announced the schedule for its four Conference Championships today, with the Charlotte Lady Eagles, LA Blues, Ottawa Fury FC and Washington Spirit Reserves hosting championships this Friday and Saturday. Three of the four conference title games are set, with the Central Conference play-in match between K-W United FC and the Laval Comets scheduled for Tuesday night.
The Victoria Highlanders FC (8-3-3, 27pts) claimed a 2-1 victory against the Sounders FC U-23 (5-6-2, 17 pts) on Sunday afternoon at Sunset Stadium. A stoppage-time own goal by Sounders U-23 defender Austin Dunker was the difference in an otherwise evenly played match.
It might just be coincidence, but whenever Sporting Kansas City’s Dom Dwyer has come up against the Montreal Impact this season, goals have been quick to follow. Dwyer, a 2013 USL PRO All-League selection for Orlando City, scored his fifth and sixth goals of the season against the Impact this Saturday night - including the game-winner in the 89th minute - to lead SKC to a 2-1 victory to remain in second place in the MLS Eastern Conference standings.
Sacramento Republic FC moved into third place in the USL PRO standings as Tommy Stewart's early goal earned a 1-0 victory against the Charlotte Eagles on Monday night at the Queens Sports Complex. Republic FC's 10th win of the season jumped them past the LA Galaxy II as they earned a split in their two-game east coast road trip.
Midfielder Foster Langsdorf tallied his first goal of the season as the Portland Timbers U-23s played to a 1-1 draw against Washington Crossfire in their final match of the 2014 PDL season on Monday night at Liberty High School.
The Southern West Virginia King's Warriors will play their final two regular-season games this week, both at home, with a PDL playoff berth and the South Atlantic Division title on the line.
Jose "Chiva" Cuevas -- the PDL prospect from California who earned league Rookie of the Year honors and was named MVP of the USL PRO Championship Game in 2012 -- has returned to Charleston for the remainder of the 2014 season, pending U.S. Soccer approval. "Getting Jose back gives us a good option," said Battery Coach Mike Anhaeuser. "He's scored goals for us. He can put the ball in the back of the net."
For the first time in franchise history, K-W United FC will field a playoff team when the W-League squad takes the pitch tonight against the Laval Comets at Alumni Field. K-W finished the regular season with a 6-3-3 record, earning the No.2 seed in the Central Conference.
USL PRO named its Team of the Week for Week 17 of the 2014 season on Tuesday as Richmond Kickers forward Matt Delicâte was named Player of the Week. Delicâte came off the bench to score both goals as the Kickers took a 2-1 victory against Sacramento Republic FC on Saturday.
The W-League announced its 2014 regular season honors Tuesday, with Colorado Rush striker Danica Evans leading the honorees. Evans, who captured the Scoring Champion and Golden Boot titles thanks to her 13 goals and 29 points in 12 games, led the league’s second-best offense as the Rush scored 38 goals en route to a 6-3-3 record.
The Southern West Virginia King's Warriors and Carolina Dynamo finished level at 2-2 on Tuesday night at the East River Soccer Complex. The King's Warriors barely kept their playoff hopes alive with the tie while Carolina was officially eliminated from postseason contention. Jeremy Payne and Jorge Mackenna scored the King's Warriors' goals while Mamadee Nyepon had both Carolina goals.
Canada announced its 21-player squad for this summer’s 2014 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup on Wednesday morning, with more than half the selections set to bring W-League experience for the host nation when the tournament kicks off on August 5.
Wilmington Hammerheads FC forward Sunny Jane will return to his country of Lesotho to represent the Lesotho National Team as they compete in the third round qualifier for the Africa Cup of Nations against Kenya on July 20. The two countries will play again on August 3 in Nairobi, Kenya.
The W-League announced its Team of the Week for the final week of the 2014 regular season today, naming Colorado Pride midfielder Chloe Logarzo as Player of the Week. Logarzo scored twice and turned in a dominant all-around performance as the expansion Pride defeated the Seattle Sounders Women 4-0 Friday night to clinch a spot in the postseason.
The Vancouver Whitecap FC U-23 scored three goals in the opening 20 minutes on their way to a 7-2 victory agains the Victoria Highlanders FC on Wednesday night at Royal Athletic Park as they advanced in the PDL Playoffs' Northwest Divisional Playoff. Kianz Froese, Cody Cook and Niall Cousens each scored twice, while former Highlander Brett Levis rounded out the scoring as the Whitecaps U-23 joined the Kitsap Pumas in the Western Conference Championship.